Still doesn't feel real?

(6 Posts)
UpInTheClouds15 Wed 09-Dec-20 15:33:08

I am 22 weeks with my first pregnancy, I have felt movement, been to all my scans and found out gender, it still doesn't feel real. A lot of people have said it will feel real when I hold him for the first time, but then I worry I won't bond with him because of not feeling the reality now.. Am I overthinking this or is it completely normal??

OP’s posts: |
Mimba1 Wed 09-Dec-20 15:37:05

I'm 23 wks and feel the same if that helps! Might be because I've had 2 losses this year so protecting myself a bit. I think it's because I can't actually see him and that when he's born it will be different. I have hope!

Megan2018 Wed 09-Dec-20 15:40:51

Completely normal. I didn’t believe it until DD was born. Doesn’t impact on bonding, don’t worry.

Shawla92 Wed 09-Dec-20 20:54:33

I'm currently 39+5 & it still dosent feel real. It's so odd how you can get their room done, have everything ready, hospital bag packed etc and then just be watching telly, cleaning up or whatever and forget you're even pregnant. I'm hoping the reality will sink in once he's here and the rush of love and motherly instinct will take over smile

kim160790 Wed 09-Dec-20 21:34:19

Absolutely normal!! Currently 34+1 with my 4th and still doesn't feel real or that I'll have baby in a few weeks 😱. Also it doesn't affect bonding if anything it makes it stronger xx

Wednesday89 Wed 09-Dec-20 23:16:06

It's very normal. I was worried about this too as it didn't feel real and I didn't really feel attached to my bump, it's very hard to imagine there's actually a baby in there! But when she was born and I cuddled her, I knew I would do anything for her.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in