Warning TMI pic - think I’m miscarrying 😢

(28 Posts)
Mummywantsaweewee Mon 07-Dec-20 08:26:13

Sorry this is tmi but this is my second pregnancy, I had spotting with my dc1 but not like this. I left a wodge of toilet roll in my pants to keep an eye and it is definitely more than spotting. I’m only 5+3 😭 has anyone had this and had a successful pregnancy?

OP’s posts: |
Isit2021yetplease Mon 07-Dec-20 09:59:12

Didn’t want to read and run - just wanted to say thinking of you. I haven’t had personal experience but have heard of bleeding in pregnancy and all ok. Try and take another pregnancy test and see if it’s still positive. I had a chemical once and as soon as I started bleeding the test was negative.

Vebrithien Mon 07-Dec-20 10:06:46

I've had both outcomes with that level of bleeding. One I lost at mid 5 weeks, it carried on to a heavy period.

One where I had that type of bleeding at 5 and a half weeks, had an emergency scan, which was inconclusive, the bleeding tailed off and one week later there was a heartbeat. He's currently chewing off my nipple confused

At this gestation, you may not see a heartbeat, even if the embryo is healthy.

Best of luck, I hope you get good news.

Mummywantsaweewee Mon 07-Dec-20 10:18:00

Thanks both. I’ve taken a test this morning and it was a strong positive but I know the hormones hang around after miscarrying! I’ve left a message with my local community maternity unit and asked if they can refer me for when I’m 6 weeks (the early pregnancy unit here doesn’t see you til at least 6 weeks). I’m not in a rush to get a scan as I know it makes no difference to the outcome but I just want confirmation whether it’s viable or not sad If it’s not to be I’m sure there’s a good reason for it but it’s sad all the same x

PeanutButterFalcon Mon 07-Dec-20 14:04:20

I had a lot more bleeding than that this week, was told to prepare for a miscarriage and went for a scan and there was baby. It’s terrifying and could go either way. Sending positivity your way

MrsMigginsMate Mon 07-Dec-20 14:09:22

Thinking of you and wishing for the best outcome OP. When I bled that much it was a loss, but my friend had heavy periods for 8 of her 9 months like clockwork so bodies can be strange things. There's no way of knowing without regular pregnancy tests and a scan at 6 weeks. You could pay for a private scan but I'm not sure you would get a clear answer with it being so early. Take medical advice on how to manage it at home and familiarise yourself with what to do should things get worse, if the bleeding becomes very heavy you may need to go to A&E. Take care of yourself flowers

fib11235 Mon 07-Dec-20 14:14:32

Hi @Mummywantsaweewee, I don't know if this helps or not but I had 1 x episode of bright red bleeding at 6 weeks, heart beat and yolk sac seen on scan. Then 1 x further episode of dark red bleeding with clots at 8 weeks. Heart beat and baby still visible on scan. Am only 9 weeks now so don't know if I will make it to term but with both bleeds myself and the medical staff were convinced i'd miscarried but baby is hanging in there. I know it's hard but get a scan and keep fingers crossed, will be thinking of you.

Advertisement

Mommacee Mon 07-Dec-20 14:49:28

Hi, do you have any cramps?

I had a misscarriage yesterday. And im hoping no other woman would have to go through that.

Sending you prayers & postivity. ❤

Mummywantsaweewee Mon 07-Dec-20 18:20:11

Thanks everyone. I’ve Been having cramps for a couple of weeks but had them in first trimester with my Dc1 too so I wasn’t bothered. There isn’t any cramps with the bleeding though. Just went to the loo now and there’s red blood, going to phone for a referral tomorrow. If it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be but i think of the women who go through this time after time and wonder how they have the strength to keep trying. It’s truly awful sad

Mummywantsaweewee Mon 07-Dec-20 18:28:57

@Mommacee I’m so sorry. And thank you ❤️

CatholicKidston Mon 07-Dec-20 19:43:11

I've had a few losses and it's hard to see but if the tissuey stuff on the loo roll there came out with the bleeding I'm afraid I would probably consider that a miscarriage thanks

Aprilbaby21 Mon 07-Dec-20 21:52:40

Ive had more bleeding than that in both of my pregnancies and they turned out ok (well, 2nd pregnancy i am 22 weeks but so far so good)
Bled at the same gestation in both (6 weeks and 14).

I will say that you blood looks slightly darker which would indicate it isnt completely fresh which is reassuring a little.
Bleeding doesnt always mean a bad ending but unfortunately as you expect, it will be a waiting game for a week or so.

Good luck x

Mummywantsaweewee Mon 07-Dec-20 21:59:54

@CatholicKidston and @Aprilbaby21 thank you, I’m prepared for the worst but accept that miscarriages do happen and I’ll just trust it wasn’t meant to be if that’s it. Hopefully I’ll speak to a midwife tomorrow and get the ball rolling to get a scan once I’m 6 weeks. It’s reassuring to hear of women who have bled and had successful pregnancies. The bleeding has turned to pinkish water when I wipe now so it really is just a waiting game til I get a medical confirmation either way. It’s so disturbing though, isn’t it.

Thatwentbadly Mon 07-Dec-20 22:02:28

I had similar bleeding with my 4th pregnancy which was successful. She has stayed up late tonight. With both my miscarriages my bleeding started off lesser and dark brown.

Cafeaulait27 Mon 07-Dec-20 22:19:08

It could go either way. When I had my mc at 9 weeks, I’d had brown discharge for a week then some bright red. They scanned me and said there was no heartbeat and that I would miscarry in the next week or so. I just had to wait.

I didn’t start passing clots until the mc really kicked in. So for me this isn’t good news, but I know some women have this happen and they’re fine.

I really hope it’s all ok for you xx

mollieangel123 Mon 07-Dec-20 22:55:15

Didn't want to read and run so I really hope everything is okay please keep us updated thinking of you❤️ x

Serz88 Tue 08-Dec-20 00:05:09

Didn't want to read and run, I haven't had any experience of this but really wishing you all the best

Mummywantsaweewee Tue 08-Dec-20 15:16:17

Just a quick update, spoken to my midwife who said another of her ladies had a lot of bleeding and her baby was fine and that it can just happen. She’s asked me to test in a week, And if it’s positive test the week after just to make sure and that if I bleed a lot or am in pain to go to hospital. Will keep you posted because it may help someone else x

ooherrmissus14 Tue 08-Dec-20 15:19:45

I bled quite heavily up to 15 weeks with my second daughter. It turned out some of my womb lining was growing outside of my uterus and I was, in effect, having periods. They ended up managing to clear it all away and it stopped from that point on. My daughter is now 8!!
I really hope you have a good outcome 💕

coffeewithmilk Tue 08-Dec-20 17:01:33

Hi,
I'm currently 5w and had quite a heavy bleed at the end of November. I thought I was having a chemical pregnancy. It was so heavy I thought it was my period but it completely stopped after a day. I was still having positive tests too.
Am currently having my hcg monitored and it's doubled every 48 hours - I'm awaiting a scan on Friday.
The midwives don't seem too concerned about the bleeding because the hcg is doubling

I hope you can get seen soon in your maternity unit and get some answers. It's awful waiting to hear what's going on x

Mummywantsaweewee Thu 17-Dec-20 11:00:36

Just a quick update - tested positive on Tuesday after more reddy pink light bleeding Sunday night (exactly a week after first bleed). Showed a strong positive line before it had even started developing the test line, so will test again next Tuesday to be absolutely sure!

notalwaysalondoner Thu 17-Dec-20 12:26:05

When I had a early miscarriage at 4/5 weeks I had medium to heavy spotting for 7 days then heavy bleeding for 3 days. I’d say if you’ve just had a one off event of bleeding and then spotting a whole week later it’s probably a good sign but of course until you can have an early scan at 6-7 weeks to confirm it’s hard to say.

Mummywantsaweewee Thu 17-Dec-20 13:01:20

@notalwaysalondoner I’m sorry to hear bout your loss x in my first pregnancy I had brown spotting only, no fresh blood so the red blood really shocked me, I haven’t had strong cramps or heavy heavy bleeding so I’m hopeful all is fine. I just don’t want to take it as granted as miscarriages do happen - my midwives seem to operate a wait and see policy unless it’s major pain or bleeding which is frustrating when I want reassurance and would have preferred an early scan but I understand there’s nothing they could do anyway!

shelbyrae Thu 17-Dec-20 20:32:59

Thinking of you and hopefully the wait for a scan goes by quickly flowers

I've had both experiences with bleeding - one is my now-nearly-3-year-old, when I was dxed with subchorionic haematoma, and one was a cp.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Mummywantsaweewee Tue 22-Dec-20 22:46:04

Well, I tested again today and the test still shows as a strong positive so...I’m hoping it’s ok, I’m now 7 weeks 3 days. I’ve not bled for over a week now. Getting my booking in appointment sorted now. I’ll be nervous until I do get my 12 week scan but that can’t be helped. I didn’t let myself believe it was ok last time til I’d seen the scan (and that was without bleeding).
Thank you everyone who posted on here, and I am so sorry to hear of your losses. Though I know I’ve not had the same experience as you, even the bleeding I have had has really shocked me and opened my eyes to the reality of losing a baby.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in