When would you announce?

(7 Posts)
Caitoliver Wed 02-Dec-20 17:29:13

I'm feeling very nervous this time round for some reason I just can't bond with the little life inside of me, and i think that's because it doesn't feel real yet. We were hoping to announce after our private scan tomorrow at 11 +3 but I'm so scared because it's not in depth like the nhs scan that something could still be wrong. Do I wait until my nhs scan on the 16th or do I go ahead and announce tomorrow? We've known since the end of September and keeping it a secret is making me a little sad. What are your experiences?

OP’s posts: |
Brunt0n Wed 02-Dec-20 17:30:59

When you say ‘announce’ what do you mean? We told close family after the 12 week scan and a successful harmony test result. Told work after my 20 week scan. Didn’t put anything on social media until she was born.

FTMF30 Wed 02-Dec-20 17:35:32

I would personally wait until the 12 week scan. Once you've announced, you're constantly bombarded with questions.

MojoJojo71 Wed 02-Dec-20 17:39:26

Close family knew more or less immediately, told nobody else until a clean bill of health at the 20 week scan

anotherboyontheway Wed 02-Dec-20 17:42:21

I told our parents the day I got a positive test and then told friends after a private scan at 11 weeks! X

pizzaandcats Wed 02-Dec-20 18:08:10

We have just been told by friends that they're expecting (but she's really sick so hard to hide it!) they'd had a private scan first

jupeBex Wed 02-Dec-20 18:09:56

I told close family and friends when I found out. Won't be 'announcing' anything to anyone else until after the 20 week scan

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in