Probable MMC..any success stories?

(2 Posts)
Ari4465 Wed 02-Dec-20 13:44:01

I had an early scan at the early pregnancy unit yesterday..i thought I was 9+4 but the (vaginal) scan showed a fetal pole and yolk sac around 6 weeks with no heartbeat.

I have to go back in a week to confirm but I know it’s probably not a good outcome sad I’m absolutely certain of my dates as we have a 10 month old baby already and literally only had chance to have sex once that month!

It’s horrible having to wait to wait a week as you secretly hope there’s a tiny chance they got it wrong sad I have a tilted uterus which I know can make scans harder to visualise but think I might just be grasping at straws.

Any success stories where things have been ok or should I accept the worst?

OP’s posts: |
anniebu Wed 02-Dec-20 15:14:34

I had a pregnancy where I was behind my dates, more and more behind with each scan (which i had to have a couple of early scans for medical concerns). It got to the point where there was an embryo with a very weak irregular heartbeat, which kind of prepared me and I wasn't shocked to find it died soon after at the next scan. I was actually thankful it ended then and not further into my pregnancy. If I were you, I would hope for things to resolve earlier rather than later. Miracles do happen... there seems to be a tiny chance that you miscalculated something and that's your best best if hoping for a miracle.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in