How Pregnant am I!?

(5 Posts)
MrsDyerToBe Tue 01-Dec-20 10:49:15

Hi, im so new to all this so am finding it a bit confusing to be honest.

I had my implant out on 27th October, have not had a period but took a pregnancy test (or 3) yesterday and it came back positive!
I was taking regular ovulation tests and it looks like I ovulated around 5th November.
Does this mean my period was 22nd October and I am in fact around 5 weeks pregnant!?
So confused 😕

OP’s posts: |
TheDaydreamBelievers Tue 01-Dec-20 11:21:25

It would be 5 and a bit weeks if you ovulated nov 5th (3.5 weeks since then + 2 weeks because that's just how they date pregnancies)

Just to warn you - if you take a clear blue dates estimating test, they count from ovulation, so should say 2-3 or 3+ for you.

MrsDyerToBe Tue 01-Dec-20 11:40:01

@TheDayDreamBelievers it says 1-2 weeks on the test so I've obviously got something wrong 🤣🤣

OP’s posts: |
JustAnotherUserinParadise Tue 01-Dec-20 14:18:40

Don't worry about dates - it doesn't matter too much - when you go for your 12 week scan they'll almost certainly revise your due date anyway!

PlanBea Tue 01-Dec-20 16:01:15

The clear blue tests that say how pregnant you are work from the date of ovulation I believe, whereas gestation is measured from the last period until your dates are confirmed by the 12 week scan. Your "weeks pregnant" would be your clear blue + 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in