Early scan! Yolk sac but no baby!

(5 Posts)
newhampshire5 Thu 26-Nov-20 20:26:13

Had an early scan today due to a small amount of brown bleeding. The sonographer said everything looked perfectly healthy, I think I might be around 5.5 weeks which line up with my dates. She could see the yolk sac but no baby yet. I remembered I had an early scan at 6+4 with my son and saw a heartbeat. She said things change so much day to day, but everything looked healthy. Did anyone else have a scan at 5.5 weeks and not seen baby?

OP’s posts: |
TeaBanditTeej Thu 26-Nov-20 22:00:42

Hey smile i wanted to share this link with you because it's the exact situation I found myself in.... and I've got good news. I was 5 weeks and 5 days. The egg was there but no baby or heart beat. I went back 2 weeks later and voila .. little baby and heart beat. I have also attached scans. Take a look. I hope this provides you with a little hope and reassurance that you're gonna be okay 💜 congratulations 💜 xxxx For anyone looking for some hope http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/4083802-for-anyone-looking-for-some-hope-3-scans-attached-x

TeaBanditTeej Thu 26-Nov-20 22:02:52

TeaBanditTeej

Hey smile i wanted to share this link with you because it's the exact situation I found myself in.... and I've got good news. I was 5 weeks and 5 days. The egg was there but no baby or heart beat. I went back 2 weeks later and voila .. little baby and heart beat. I have also attached scans. Take a look. I hope this provides you with a little hope and reassurance that you're gonna be okay 💜 congratulations 💜 xxxx For anyone looking for some hope http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/4083802-for-anyone-looking-for-some-hope-3-scans-attached-x

Ps .. I had to change my name but those are my scans. I'm due to go back on 22nd December for my dating scan.
Sending hugs xxx

serialplanner Thu 26-Nov-20 22:03:22

A lot changes so quickly in the early stages. I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks - a mini flicker! You will hopefully see yours soon XXX

ew1990 Thu 26-Nov-20 22:09:22

I had an early scan at around 5 weeks (no clue on dates as pregnant straight after MMC) and could see sac and yolk sac. Went back ten days later to a heartbeat at 6+5

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in