Spotting after sex 5+1

(9 Posts)
Blissfulignorance Sat 21-Nov-20 18:01:27

Anyone had this? Just a bit of light spotting so far, no cramps.

OP’s posts: |
Oneandabean Sat 21-Nov-20 18:44:13

It’s very common, they call it post-coital bleeding. They told me as long as it’s not getting heavier, there’s no pain or clots then it’s fine. But do call them if you’re worried. It happened the one time I tried having sex and it put me right off trying it again

Kimblebee19 Sat 21-Nov-20 18:57:39

Do you know your blood type? If rhesus negative you may need an Anti-D injection. I had a post-coital bleed but that was at 36 weeks, all was well with baby but any bleeding in pregnancy I need an Anti-D inection within 72hours.

Blissfulignorance Sat 21-Nov-20 19:05:00

I've never had pist coital bleeding before so this is a little concerning.
I'm 0- and didnt have an anti d injection with my 1st.

Kimblebee19 Sat 21-Nov-20 19:16:11

You should have been tested and routinely given anti-d around 20 weeks (if im remembering correctly) in previous pregnancy, if that didnt happen id make sure midwives are aware in case anything is needed in support of this pregnancy (preventing jaundice etc.). For now i think you should ring tbe EPU and inform them you are rhesus neg and have had a bleed, and ask them to arrange an Anti-D injection for you. (Fyi this is needed in case of miscarriages too, mentioning it for info not because i think your pregnancy is at risk).

Kimblebee19 Sun 22-Nov-20 18:10:10

How are you doing, OP? x

Blissfulignorance Sun 22-Nov-20 18:39:29

Well I feel a bit silly, my blood group is 0+ (as my DH smugly reminded me) when I was having a bit of a panic. Also probably why I dont remember an anti d last time. Spotting seems to have almost gone now so I assume it was just because of dtd? Will keep an eye though.

Advertisement

Kimblebee19 Mon 23-Nov-20 06:22:25

Ah well thats good news. Didn't mean to panic you at all - sorry! Glad the spotting has stopped, I only had a bleed that once during pregnancy (not that I had all that much sex during that time anyway lol), so yes keep an eye on it and phone midwives if concerned. Mention it at your booking appointment for advice there too. Best wishes and have a wonderful pregnancy!

Blissfulignorance Mon 23-Nov-20 15:29:04

Thank you, I will def mention it. I've only had spotting in unsuccessful pregnancies but usually it's a bit more and associated with cramps. This is new?!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in