NT scan at FMC

(3 Posts)
Oceansound90 Sat 21-Nov-20 07:48:01

Hi,

Is anyone willing to share their results from the NT screening at the Fetal Medicine Centre and if they then went on to skip the NHS screening? Anyone here whose bHCG was a bit high?

Thank you so much.

OP’s posts: |
Meomeomeo Sat 21-Nov-20 09:10:18

I had my NHS screening (11+ week) as my Harmony result wasn’t back yet. It came back the day after NHS screening. I didn’t receive the results from NHS until much later. However, after going to FMC NUchal scan I would have skipped NHS if I hadn’t done it already. This is because FMC scan is so much more details. NHS was May be 5-10 mins scan where as FMC was much longer. The sonographer at FMC walked us through after each check. It was very very thorough. She looked for the nasal bone where as NHS scan didn’t (they would @20 weeks scan I think. FMC equipments are a lot better. I’d feel very reassured. She even did a summary scan at the end so we could record to send to our parents.
Also the difference is, I had Harmony done with FMC so they took extra blood to for the nuchal scan. When I arrived to do the scan they had the results back so everything was done in the appointment- calculating the adjusted risks etc. Where as NHS took my blood on the day of the scan so I didn’t hear back till much later.
You’re in great hands at FMC

Oceansound90 Sat 21-Nov-20 13:14:17

That is helpful. I think I might leave the NHS testing.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in