For anyone looking for some hope <3 scans attached x

(5 Posts)
tiffy1394 Thu 19-Nov-20 13:02:52

Hi MumNetters,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

This post is for our ladies who are looking for a bit of hope when they have had a scare during early pregnancy.

I had a scare - red bleeding and awful cramps when i was around 5 weeks. I contacted my GP and they referred me to the Early Pregnancy who found a sack but no baby or heart beat.

They wanted me to come back in 2 weeks. It was the longest 2 weeks of my life as I'm sure many of you wonderful, strong ladies have had to endure.

I was anxious, thinking the worst. Googling things. Reading things that maybe I shouldn't have but I am lucky in having a supportive partner who has listened to my many, many concerns and what ifs!

Today (19/11) was the day I made my way to the Early Pregnancy Unit to have my viability scan. My partner couldn't come but that was okay because regardless of the result, I knew he would be there when I got back.

I was so anxious I could've thrown up, my stomach was in knots and every second sat in the waiting area felt like a lifetime.

My name was called and we went through my notes. I had an internal scan... I saw my little bean on screen... the pause was intense. It was confirmed. My baby has a strong heart beat. I breathed a sigh of relief and let out a nervous laugh. I am 7 weeks and 3 days.

I meet my midwife tomorrow so very much looking forward to this now ☺️

I went to sainsburys, did a little food shop and made myself a celebratory lunch... my cravings have asked for Jamaican Chicken Patty, Pasta and coleslaw. WONDERFUL.

Now I know that lots of mummy's are worrying, but I promise, even if it's not so great news, there's always a light at the end of the long tunnel.

5 years ago I went through a traumatising experience, something I am not yet ready to talk about openly and may never be able to but this is my new happy chapter and I wish everyone a new happy chapter in their life very soon - everyone deserves a happy ending.

I have a while to go, but I'm taking each day as it comes. <3

Thank you so much for reading, if you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to private message me, I've always got a listening ear.

Sending all my love xxxxx

OP’s posts: |
feistymumma Tue 24-Nov-20 12:44:57

Excellent news, so happy for you and congratulations

Snackasaurus Tue 24-Nov-20 12:49:49

@tiffy1394 I'm so pleased to read you had a positive outcome, congratulations! What a lovely, thoughtful idea to share your story with others too ❤️

Stay safe xx

RoyalMami Tue 01-Dec-20 21:45:44

Awwwww, yaaaaaaaay!

Super happy to read such a positive and encouraging story!!!

TeaBanditTeej Tue 01-Dec-20 23:29:46

RoyalMami

Awwwww, yaaaaaaaay!

Super happy to read such a positive and encouraging story!!!

Thank you, had to change my name but yes, I'm now 10 weeks and 2 days. Such an exciting time. Next scan is on 22nd December so il post again then ☺️ xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in