I need help! Very confused!

(7 Posts)
Sm202021 Mon 16-Nov-20 16:57:59

So on my Flo app it said on Friday period may start today and it didn’t , my app is still saying period may start im on cycle day 33 (never usually go over 32) me and my partner have been trying for a baby so I did a clear blue pregnancy test which tested before your missed period anyway and it showed a positive result (wasn’t with my first wee tho) then I did another test a day or two later with my first wee and it also tested positive , I then did a cheap strip test on the same day which came back negative & then I did a clear blue a day later which said not pregnant & today I have started spotting very lightly 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
Littlebee1990 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:02:22

Sadly it sounds like you have had a chemical pregnancy, I had one in June and bled 4 days after 2 positive tests. So sorry x

Sm202021 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:11:40

What does a chemical pregnancy usually mean? Is it possible I’ll be able to try again etc?x

Littlebee1990 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:24:34

www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/information/miscarriage/chemical-pregnancy/

Yes you can of course try again. I’m now 14 weeks pregnant and conceived 2 months after my chemical. Do be warned in can throw your cycles very out of sync though, I didn’t have a period for 6 weeks after mine but that’s not the case for everyone x

Sm202021 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:27:26

Ahh congratulations! Hope your pregnancy all goes well! & thank you I will have a look at the link and okay did you have to contact your doctors or anything about having the chemical pregnancy? X

Juno231 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:49:01

@Sm202021 a chemical pregnancy is basically a miscarriage before week 5 and is really common. I agree with the previous poster that this is what it sounds like. Unless you start having really bad pain on one side (indicating an ectopic) you don't have to do anything out of the ordinary and just let nature take its course. Most women won't even have realised that they were pregnant at this stage and it should just seem as a heavier period than usual.

I am sorry this is happening though, I hope you take good care of yourself as this van still be quite a blow mentally xx

Sm202021 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:54:01

Thank you for your help and advice! I haven’t got any pain on one side or anything just back pain that’s all & I guess I will just have to keep trying with my partner & hopefully it will work out for us soon! I can’t wait to have a baby so if I have had a chemical pregnancy it defo will upset me! Thank you for your help tho xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in