Help- embarrassing problem- think I have piles! 😢

(7 Posts)
Dolly89 Sun 15-Nov-20 22:08:45

I’m 16+4 weeks and for the last 2-3 weeks I’ve had a really itchy bottom. I’ve been putting Savlon on as it’s mainly at night but sometimes it’s itchy during the day. I’m mortified and don’t know what to do. I’ve read online but basically you can’t get rid of them! Tonight I felt a small lump and tried to push it back in but don’t know if that will work? What creams can I try/ are safe to use? Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Wales34 Sun 15-Nov-20 22:19:24

Hi there , I had constipation throughout the majority of my pregnancy. Piles unfortunately can be a by product of this. The worse for me was post birth piles which happened after I went to the toilet for the first time after giving birth. The pain was excruciating, and I was in floods of tears. I looked online and baswd on what i read thought they would never go ! However they went completely within a couple of weeks . Its super common in pregnancy unfortunately, putting them back in is the right thing to do , the other things that will help is to eat a balanced diet with lots of fibre etc .I used anisol which is supposed to be the best cream out there but it did nothing for me , it just made it worse . You may just have to rise it out but they will go

Wales34 Sun 15-Nov-20 22:21:48

Ride it out , not rise out !!

KylieKangaroo Sun 15-Nov-20 22:23:17

I had this and it was so bad I couldn't sleep at all! I ended up taking paracetamol in the end and it helped a lot. You have my sympathy they are truly awful!

Dolly89 Sun 15-Nov-20 22:23:43

Hey, thank you for your reply. I thought I’d get them, just not so early on! I bought anusol cream but it said to consult dr/pharmacist if pregnant and I can’t do that right now! It’s just the itching and almost tickling feeling inside that’s bothering me! My mum gave me vasaline as she’s convinced it cures everything! 😳

OP’s posts: |
Gerdticker Mon 16-Nov-20 00:33:00

Hi I had this and felt so alone - I read they can get so bad they have to be surgically removed and are hideously painful! So it’s a good idea to stop them getting worse now

Here’s what I did

1. Do not let yourself become constipated so you have to strain! This is the number 1. Pay attention to diet and eat stool softening foods like baked beans or pears every day - have a google to find a list

2. Use lactulose or other stool softener as often as required; I used dulco ease tablets

3. Germaloid or anusol suppositories are v v helpful. They make it much easier for everything to come out gently! Use after every bowel movement

4. Anusol or germaloid cream will shrink them a bit; use the cream to push any lumps back in as best you can, as often as you need to

They are actually super common so you’re in good company with many pregnant ladies!

Good luck! X

reimah Mon 16-Nov-20 00:39:13

One top tip.
Wash the bottom, thoroughly every time after each bowel movement.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in