Washing baby clothes

(8 Posts)
newmumtobe66 Sat 31-Oct-20 23:50:58

Hi smile
Im looking for recommendations for the best clothes wash for washing my baby’s clothes before their arrival. Obviously one that isn’t too chemically and leaves clothes lovely and soft please? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
biscuit13 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:53:13

@newmumtobe66 you want something non-bio, so I've used Fairy non bio pods, and some 'comfort' fabric conditioner. The clothes come out lovely and soft and smell amazing!!

ChampooPapi Sun 01-Nov-20 12:57:14

@newmumtobe66 definitely go for something eco and non bio, and don't use fabric softener, it blocks up your machine and has lots of chemicals in that can irritate sensitive skin. Whatever it says on the front! Yes it smells nice, but it's full of chemicals.

You can use white vinegar in the softening tray which works just as well, cleans the machine at the same time, and no, it does not make your clothes smell like vinegar. It actually softens them.

I use ecozone no bio laundry liquid which smells so nice and is available on Amazon as a 5 litre bottle for about 21 pounds. So is an absolute bargain and lasts for ages. I've used ecover as well, but I find the ecozone washes really well at both high and low temperature.

To keep whites white and eliminate stains, I use natural bleach powder by biozone in with the laundry liquid, though you can put it in the prewash drawer or in a bucket to soak if you want. It cleans the sink well too when it's blocked!

All natural eco products too 😊

ChampooPapi Sun 01-Nov-20 12:58:59

@newmumtobe66

www.amazon.co.uk/Ecozone-Concentrated-Non-Bio-Laundry-Liquid/dp/B07D86QVVP/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&psc=1&keywords=ecozone+laundry+liquid&sprefix=ecozone+la&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySlA3N1RLUlhLRk1BJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzYwNDc5M0Q1RTlFWE5ZTzgySCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTgxMjU3N0YwU0dHNkVXSjY5JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1604235482&sr=8-2-spons#immersive-view_1604235494345

ChampooPapi Sun 01-Nov-20 13:00:10

It's ultra concentrated so you only need 20/30ml with each wash. It obviously can be decanted into a smaller bottle and used to refill. It'll last you at least 9 months

RosieGirl27 Sun 01-Nov-20 13:01:59

I use fairy non-bio pods and no fabric conditioner. Smell lovely.

ChampooPapi Sun 01-Nov-20 13:02:34

www.biggreensmile.com/products/bio-d-nappy-fresh/bdnappy.aspx?productid=bdnappy&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant_centre&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_campaign=merchant_centre&gclid=Cj0KCQjwufn8BRCwARIsAKzP697wY5u1m62r8gSoQDvXH14oX1gwiwyUwYct_uoEnv1d7_tyVOcs70gaAkByEALw_wcB

This is the bleach, same ingredients to eco bleaches used for whitening so can be used with normal clothing too @newmumtobe66, so ignor the nappy part ☺️

Advertisement

ChampooPapi Sun 01-Nov-20 13:04:41

If you want smaller amount bottle to try of laundry liquid just go for Method or ecover which you can pick up in any supermarket. I'd really avoid fairy or comfort, they are so so scented and they are not appropriate for any babies with very sensitive skin, most babies are fine with it, I used it with my first born, but after much research and about to have my third and fourth now, I would t touch it with a barge pole for use on baby clothing to be honest. And it's quite expensive so it's no loss really

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in