Bladder never feeling empty

(2 Posts)
ShalomToYouJackie Sun 25-Oct-20 21:55:47

I'm 12+4 and for the past week or so, my bladder never feels empty. Whenever I go for a wee, not much comes out and sometimes I will have to go again as soon as I've left the bathroom and sometimes nothing more comes even though I feel like my bladder is full.

I was weeing urine with blood a few weeks ago and also had excruciating kidney pain that had me doubled over, ended up in hospital on 2 occasions and both times the pain completely went again after an hour or so. The Dr suspected kidney stones but ultrasound didn't show anything, blood tests were fine and they said they couldn't do a CT scan like they usually would because I'm pregnant. They sent me home and told me to take paracetamol, drink water and come back if it happened again. Which I did and they said the same thing.

Anyway, the blood in urine and kidney pain have stopped but now I'm having this problem urinating. UTI has been ruled out as has a kidney infection.

Going to ring the GP tomorrow but not sure what they can do. Has anybody experienced something similar?

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
LavaCake Mon 26-Oct-20 06:36:44

I’m experiencing a similar thing at 33 weeks (just the feeling of my bladder not emptying, not your other urological symptoms). In my case I think it’s just because the baby is always pressing on my bladder, but I’m not sure if that would be as much of an issue at 12 weeks. I think seeing your GP is a good idea just in case it’s some kind of infection. Hope you feel better soon! flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in