Bump just clicked?

(10 Posts)
022828MAN Wed 07-Oct-20 15:44:55

I'm due an ELCS tomorrow so I don't know whether I'm just more aware of any usual symptoms incase I go into labour, but I definitely didn't imagine it.
Lay down watching TV and there were two clicks from my bump, sounded like when you click the roof out your mouth with your tongue (if that makes sense).
I'd heard that water breaking can make a snapping sound but no water to talk of...
Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

OP’s posts: |
Asterion Wed 07-Oct-20 15:46:19

Hiccups?

Mummyinlove09 Wed 07-Oct-20 15:48:50

I’ve had this for a couple of months and been reassured that it’s nothing that worry about. I hear a click maybe every other day from my bump and bubba is healthy and happy at 40+4. Hope this reassures you. Good luck for your c section!

022828MAN Wed 07-Oct-20 16:07:40

Ah that's reassuring! It must have happened before but I'm just more on edge today...

Definitely not hiccups, he has them a lot and there's no sound from them, it's just a constant beat!

OP’s posts: |
Superscientist Wed 07-Oct-20 16:08:42

I'm not sure if I would describe the sound as a click but my bump started making squelching noises when I pressed on it the afternoon before my waters broke.

GunsAndShips Wed 07-Oct-20 16:14:26

Ohhh it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I've been on MN for 16yrs and this used to be asked fairly regularly. I'm not entirely sure it's ever been solved as a phenomenon and I've never experienced it but I've seen it asked often enough that I know it's not abnormal.

It's definitely not hiccups. My friend experienced it too, said exactly the same about it being like clicking your tongue against the roof of your mouth.

Flamingolingo Wed 07-Oct-20 16:19:43

My waters broke audibly (similar to the sound you describe) but the fact that they had gone was very very obvious!

Advertisement

Oneandabean Wed 07-Oct-20 17:24:56

I had similar with my first and the midwife said you can sometimes hear them pulling there thumb from their mouths if sucking on it. When DD was born she used to suck the back of her hand and pull it off to make a piping noise so I’m guessing she was doing it while inside.

Inkpaperstars Wed 07-Oct-20 17:41:15

That's cute oneandabean

User27aw Wed 07-Oct-20 17:50:39

My waters broke with a click sound but they started leaking a few seconds later.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in