Maternity bra recommendations please!

(12 Posts)
dinosaur17 Mon 05-Oct-20 20:38:31

Hi all,
Any recommendations for maternity bras please would be most welcome! I’m 17 weeks and I’ve gone up 2/3 sizes to about a G/H cup.
I’ve got a few sports bra type ones at the moment as things are still very sensitive in that region, but they’re now resting on my ever growing bump and everything is becoming increasingly uncomfortable!
Thank you in advance! X

OP’s posts: |
howmanyroads Mon 05-Oct-20 23:24:22

Bumping as I'd like advice on this too!

NWnature Mon 05-Oct-20 23:25:14

I bought tons- favourites are from bravado and Emma Jane x

Superscientist Tue 06-Oct-20 00:58:04

I moved into bralets first (DD+ size 8 for 30E) they have others which go up to G/H cup. I found them to be a bit more flexible than bras which was good whilst I was still growing - back size and cup size.

I then moved to these bras from asda (S still fits now at 30F without padding). It might fit G/H cups but I would recommend the general style/material. They are like comfy pj's and I now use them as my night nursing bras

Once my supply settled down after birth I bought two Freya nursing bras which are comfy and pretty. They fit as expected based on my bust and under bust measurements

Superscientist Tue 06-Oct-20 00:58:53

The bralets were in M and s

Superscientist Tue 06-Oct-20 00:59:50

Asda bras direct.asda.com/george/women/maternity-clothes/maternity-lingerie/pink-comfort-nursing-bras-2-pack/GEM735095,default,pd.html?cgid=D1M18G2C1&_gl=1*k2yz9c*_ga*YW1wLTNJMi0wZzZIdXg3NlI4ZHIxRVhSc3k0MXo5RXJ6djZwWHRPZXFMeThXWGxzb19OWjBnOFBvY2FFMWhWX1kzbmg.

eausolovely Tue 06-Oct-20 01:04:34

The hot milk underwired one is incredible. To me all the non wired ones are really unflattering but this one gives very good shape and is actually really pretty! It’s expensive but so so worth it!

Advertisement

dinosaur17 Tue 06-Oct-20 17:33:42

Thank you. I’ve got the bralette type at the minute and don’t feel like they’re very supportive! But they are primark specials so may be why! Think I’ll have to invest in some underwired nursing ones! Xx

Oneandabean Tue 06-Oct-20 18:14:29

I always thought wires weren’t recommended during later pregnancy and nursing?
I went to bravissimo, they measure you properly so you can get some comfortable bras that are supportive and fit

dinosaur17 Tue 06-Oct-20 19:47:53

I’m only 17 weeks at the moment so have looked at some of the flexiwire ones which I’m guessing are ok? There seems to be some nursing ones as well.
My only worry is that they don’t seem to have stopped growing! 😂
Might take a trip there over the weekend, although I’m not sure if anywhere is doing fittings at the moment? X

peachypetite Tue 06-Oct-20 19:55:00

I wouldn’t waste your money this early, they are just going to get bigger. I got some bralets from M&S

hellymum21 Thu 08-Oct-20 08:25:20

I bought a 3 pack of non wired bralets yesterday from primark for £10 and they're fine for now! They have adjustable straps too and are very comfy plus supportive enough I feel. I didn't want to spend too much as I know I'll just grow more as PP said

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in