Soo so so sick 😷

(9 Posts)
Screwcorona Mon 05-Oct-20 08:35:17

Sorry just looking for any advice ideas and sympathy. Too early to tell family and friend irl yet.

I feel so ridiculously sick.
This is my second baby and I'm over the moon but I'm so much more sick than last time. I'm only 6weeks +5 and I was sick up to 12weeks last time.

I cant function this time round, barely managing basic tasks before lying down because the rooms spinning and I feel like I'm gona throw up.

OP’s posts: |
sophi1207 Mon 05-Oct-20 08:43:06

This was also me until around 12ish weeks so I definitely have sympathy! I am now 13+4 and still have really bad days but not quite as bad as before. My partner really had to do everything around the house etc. because I was finding it hard to even get off the sofa. I found that when I did have to leave the house sucking on fruity lollipops helped me a lot with sickness as well as boiled sweets. Hope you feel better soon x

bm2021 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:41:16

You have my sympathy... its vile! You could contact your GP for some meds? Cyclizine took the edge off for me

Screwcorona Mon 05-Oct-20 10:36:36

@sophi1207 aw glad your having some better days now. Will try lollipops. Anything to help, counting down the days till this calms down 🥴

@bm2021 thanks, will ring and ask about this 🙂

TitsOutForHarambe Mon 05-Oct-20 10:40:31

My second pregnancy caused much worse morning sickness than my first. It hit me like a brick wall! But somewhere between 12-14 weeks it started noticeably improving and soon after it completely went away. I'm 20 weeks now and have had no nausea at all for over a month.

Speak to your GP about anti sickness tablets/wafers. They should help.

Screwcorona Mon 05-Oct-20 11:02:07

@titsoutforharambe glad theres an end to this, hope you can enjoy pregnancy too now 😁 I've just filled out an e-consultation for my gp describing my sickness and requesting some sickness meds so 🤞🤞 even if it just makes it manageable I'll be over the moon

TitsOutForHarambe Mon 05-Oct-20 11:12:28

That's good news!

Even if the first one you try doesn't work for you, don't give up! I was prescribed a couple of things initially that didn't do much for me, but then eventually was prescribed ondanzetron and it worked really well. I still felt a bit shitty and had no appetite but I was at least well enough that I was able to drive the car, change a nappy, cook dinner etc without crumbling into a sobbing pukey heap on the floor!

So if the first thing doesn't work then don't be discouraged. Something out there should help.

Advertisement

bm2021 Mon 05-Oct-20 12:20:50

Fingers crossed you get something that works! I was 8 weeks when I couldn't take it any longer. By 12ish weeks I got to the point where I was just taking a tablet if I had a bad morning/day. Good luck!

Screwcorona Tue 06-Oct-20 18:38:00

So they prescribed me prochlorperazine. I feel a LOT better. I feel more like last time now. It wears off a bit but this is way better than before

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in