Brown discharge every day for a week- 7 weeks

(13 Posts)
Trousersareoverrated Sat 03-Oct-20 16:31:51

I’m around 7 weeks pregnant and last week I got a bit of light brown discharge. I read that this is often caused by irritation to the cervix and put it down to the fact I had been swimming which I don’t normally do. However I have had a bit more every day since - not all day every day but at least once a day and enough for me to feel it coming out (sorry TMI). I realise that nobody here will be able to give me a medical opinion but has anyone else had this much brown discharge and all been fine? Every time it happens I feel really anxious. It is not accompanied by any significant pain. I was planning to get an early reassurance scan at 8 weeks but tempted to bring it forward to Monday.

OP’s posts: |
Trousersareoverrated Sat 03-Oct-20 21:07:22

Anyone?

Sansa87 Sat 03-Oct-20 21:13:31

I wouldn’t say mine has been constant, but I had brown discharge for a couple of days two weeks ago, & then Tuesday just gone I had a bleed. Both were accompanied with horrible pain though.

I had a scan on Friday and baby is looking perfect at 9+1

Sparks2 Sun 04-Oct-20 00:42:19

I was 8 weeks and had brown discharge when wiping for about two weeks. Two days after it appeared I had a scan at a&e and they told me I have a small hematoma and have nothing to worry about. If you're worrying don't be afraid to ring your EPU. I really assumed the worst but I saw a little heart beat and took such a weight off my shoulders. Hope everyone goes well ❤️

Trousersareoverrated Mon 05-Oct-20 14:48:27

Thanks for your answers. I had none yesterday but today there was a load of darker brown discharge. I’m terrified and just keep waiting for something to happen.

Cafeaulait27 Mon 05-Oct-20 15:08:20

I’m 8 weeks and I’ve had light brown discharge on and off for 2 weeks, maybe a bit more. I had an early private scan at 6 weeks which showed everything normal and a heartbeat, and I had had some brown discharge before then. I actually had some red blood when I wiped on Friday night (just once when I went to the loo) and first thing Saturday morning (again once).

I can’t give you happy news but I’m now still having the brown discharge and have contacted my EPU who booked me in for a scan on Thursday, so I will update you then.

I don’t want to worry you with this - I’m hopeful that everything will be ok with me as I didn’t bleed for long and haven’t passed any tissue.

I would recommend calling your hospitals early pregnancy unit and telling them, they may well let you have a scan like they have with me xx

Trousersareoverrated Mon 05-Oct-20 18:30:20

Thank you for answering @Cafeaulait27. I hope all goes well for you. Early pregnancy is just such a horrible worrying time isn’t it? I have booked into an early reassurance scan tomorrow.

Advertisement

Cafeaulait27 Tue 06-Oct-20 09:09:04

@Trousersareoverrated thank you. Let us know how it goes today xx

Csari Tue 06-Oct-20 09:30:31

Hi Op, I had brown discharge everyday from 5 to nearly 8 weeks and quite a lot if it. I had two early scans and neither could find any reason for it and all appeared well at my 12 week scan so I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy.

It was really an incredibly anxious time for me but from what I've read on here it seems fairly common around that time so hopefully all works out well for you.

Trousersareoverrated Tue 06-Oct-20 10:07:32

Thank you @Csari - I’m surprising myself with how incredibly anxious I am about it.

andadietcoke Tue 06-Oct-20 10:12:37

I had this, and just after a mc so was even more anxious. It restarted later in pregnancy too. At 7 weeks it was attributed to it being a twin pregnancy (the shock of it being twins was somewhat lessened by the shock of it not being another mc) and I had some kind of cyst which resolved itself. Later on it was down to a cervical ectropian. Hope everything goes well

Trousersareoverrated Tue 06-Oct-20 16:25:30

Thank you all for your reassuring responses. The scan showed the baby with a heartbeat measuring 8 weeks (5 days older than my calculations!). All seems well and I’m going to try not to worry too much about the discharge.

Cafeaulait27 Tue 06-Oct-20 18:18:48

@Trousersareoverrated that’s fantastic!! I’m so pleased for you!! Xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in