To ask for some positive induction stories

(12 Posts)
theresaplaceforus Mon 28-Sep-20 16:42:25

I’m currently 37+5 and then likelihood is I’m am going to be induced in the next 10 days or so - obviously I could go into labour naturally before then (please please) but it’s for a series of reduced movements plus hypertension which I’m now medicated for.

So I’m terrified, don’t want it to end up in csection which I know it might. What can I do, I’d anything to help it not fail? And does anyone have a positive story to share?

OP’s posts: |
ClevaName Mon 28-Sep-20 17:30:02

If it helps I went into a natural labour with my first, and had an induction with my second. My induction was absolutely fine, I felt my whole labour was less painful (especially the beginning stages) and it was a lot shorter too! I'm booked for an induction soon with DC3 and I'm not afraid at all. I hope it all goes well for you!

Teakind Mon 28-Sep-20 18:38:19

I was so nervous to be induced but, other than the waiting, it was a much easier delivery than my first DC. Once they broke my waters, he arrived in under 3 hours. That was much better than the 36 hours of slow labour I had the first time round!

Lazysundayafternoons Mon 28-Sep-20 18:42:11

Went into labour on my own with my first, was induced with my second.
Found the induction so much better than the natural labour.
It was faster and was reassuring being in hospital and being monitored and having the nurses there if I needed them.
I had an 11 pounder and only had a small tear. I really found the labour, birth and recovery much easier.

3andout Mon 28-Sep-20 20:06:27

With my second, I was put on the drip to speed up labour. My waters went at 36 weeks and I was told that if I was not in established labour within 18 hours I would be induced, due to the risk of infection and being borderline prem.
I was 3cm when checked after 18 hours, but not having any major contractions, so was taken into delivery and hooked up to a drip of antibiotics and oxytocin.

To be honest, it was intense. For me the contractions came on quick and hard. With a natural labour, the build up helps you prepare for what's to come. With the drip, it was like one second nothing, and the next bam, we are in established labour. The positive is that I have friends who went through induction, so was kinda mentally prepared for it. I must have been on the drip for an hour before I needed to push, and from the need to push to delivery, it was 20 minutes.
Also helped that it was my second child so knew what was coming.
All in all, it was a positive experience for me.

OhKnackers Mon 28-Sep-20 20:27:15

I was induced at 38 weeks with my second, the pain was more intense once my waters were broken but I think it's because everything then happened to fast, I went from 3cm to him being born in 17 minutes smile I would pick that one if I was to go through labour again and the choice was there!

Dyra Mon 28-Sep-20 21:50:24

I was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. I was a FTM, so nothing to compare too, but the experience was (imo) positive.

Started out with a Bishop score of 0. Gel pessaries barely got my cervix open enough to have my waters broken. As I didn't go into labour within two hours of the ARM, I had the drip put up. Contractions started off weak and slow, so the drip was turned up until I was in established labour. After a couple of hours, I required stronger pain relief than gas and air, which came in the form of diamorphine. I spent the next 5 hours sound asleep between contractions! I was fully dilated as the diamorphine wore off. Twenty minutes, and a minor second degree tear, later I delivered DD.

Tbh I have no idea if there was anything I did that caused my induction to be successful.

Hopefully labour starts on its own, but if it doesn't, induction goes smoothly for you.

Advertisement

Winter2019 Mon 28-Sep-20 21:54:56

I was induced both times and didn't end up with a C section. Two very different labours tho. First loooong and painful (of course) but that's kind of forgotten. Second- short but extremely painful (but I did get my epidural too late)

blindmansbluff Mon 28-Sep-20 21:55:35

I've been induced three times now, I wouldn't have it any other way! There's not as much uncertainty, you know pretty much what's going to happen, what's coming next etc.

snappycamper Mon 28-Sep-20 22:03:13

I've been induced twice and it went fine both times. Quite different labours but both ended with normal delivery with no assistance. The horror stories on here terrified me but it really was nothing to worry about. Much better experience the second time, which was mainly due to the fact that I was in a far better hospital.

RandomMess Mon 28-Sep-20 22:07:47

I have been induced with all 4 DC.

The time it took to get into established labour took a while with 2, and a very long with the other 2 and had ARM in the end.

Huge positives - no drip, no assistance required, got an epidural for the first 3 in good time, no tears no stitches required despite being tiny and having whopper babies wink

theresaplaceforus Wed 30-Sep-20 18:45:52

Thank you. These have helped x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in