Positive then a negative test a week later?

(8 Posts)
Maria9876 Mon 28-Sep-20 13:57:59

As the title says, on the 23rd of its month I got a positive result in a test putting me at around 4+3 weeks, so to confirm I got one of those clear blue weeks indicator tests which this morning has come up saying not pregnant. I'm super worried and concerned and waiting on call from docs. Has this happened to anyone else? I have every symptom going with no bleeding at all, should I be concerned or have hope everything will be ok?

OP’s posts: |
Maria9876 Mon 28-Sep-20 18:10:00

Lantern156 Mon 28-Sep-20 18:23:01

I think clear blues are less reliable than some tests, so maybe it’s just not sensitive enough. I would try again with a pink dye test.

Teakind Mon 28-Sep-20 18:32:13

Do you have anymore tests in the house you could use? If you got a positive 5 days ago then a digital should be positive now unless it was faulty.

Oneandabean Mon 28-Sep-20 18:33:10

The digital ones aren’t as sensitive, try a first response early result test.

Maria9876 Mon 28-Sep-20 19:51:19

I haven't anymore in the house but I have ordered some first response ones, I'm at the point where I'm trying to convince myself 'I left the sample out too long before testing(almost 5 hours)' 'I didn't dip it in long enough(12 seconds instead of the recommended 20 which id relaised after)' 'my urine must have been diluted as I drank up until I went to bed at 11.30 then done sample when I woke needing toilet at 5am'
I don't think I can go through another loss 😭😭

Mother2princess Mon 28-Sep-20 20:11:43

Hmm difficult do restest

Advertisement

StephyRose Mon 28-Sep-20 20:30:18

Lantern156

I think clear blues are less reliable than some tests, so maybe it’s just not sensitive enough. I would try again with a pink dye test.

I would agree with this OP.

I did a Clear Blue Rapid Response test when I was roughly 15 DPO and it came back negative... even though I had had a series of positive First Responses before and after it. A negative without any bleeding seems very unusual.

Take another test @Maria9876 and let us know how you get on. smile🤞I have everything crossed for you!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in