Maternity Clothing Sizes πŸ™ˆ

(8 Posts)
RWK29 Sun 27-Sep-20 21:49:25

Anyone else having a major struggle with maternity clothing sizes?! Just about to send back my 4th clothing order where not a single item fits 😐 I am plus sized and wore a size 20 pre-pregnancy. Everything I’ve ordered (New Look, Dorothy Perkins & 2 ASOS orders) has said to order your pre-pregnancy size by oh my gosh the stuff is huge πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ Skinny Jeans/jeggings that I could almost fit 2 of my legs into one leg of the jeans 😐 seriously, 6 pairs of jeans and not a single one could even pass as an option lol. A sweatshirt from ASOS that I could honestly have put 3 of me in 😐 comes down to my knees and the shoulders are down at my elbows πŸ˜‚

I’m 35 weeks pregnant and not exactly small πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ is there some unknown rule to maternity clothing sizes that I’m missing? πŸ™ˆ

OP’s posts: |
EithneBlue Sun 27-Sep-20 22:18:28

I'm not plus size but I've gone down a size or two in almost every brand for maternity clothes - maybe just order a range of sizes and send back what doesn't fit?

RWK29 Sun 27-Sep-20 22:25:10

Yeah @EithneBlue I think I’ll need to do that lol. I just didn’t expect things to be quite so ridiculously large πŸ™ˆ

eausolovely Mon 28-Sep-20 02:13:21

Not sure why they do it but I had exactly the same thing! Had to order a size smaller in everything!

Belle1983 Mon 28-Sep-20 02:26:49

Same issues here.
Some stuff fits fine. Same size, same shop sometimes and it's huge. I'm on about 50-50 kept v return on my purchases so far.

New2020 Mon 28-Sep-20 05:17:27

I'm having the opposite problem and finding myself buying things 2 sizes up from ore pregnancy as everything is way too small eek

Mintjulia Mon 28-Sep-20 06:04:03

I'm not plus size but I had the same problem.

In the end, I bought a few pairs of trousers in maternity cut but one size smaller, and tops that weren't maternity wear at all, just a bit more 'smocky' in style than I normally wore.

Advertisement

RWK29 Mon 28-Sep-20 06:24:18

So far I’ve lived in Love Leggings maternity leggings (the only maternity item I’ve found true to size lol) and non-maternity smock tops and cardigans. I need a pair of jeans for something that will be within 2-3 weeks after birth so thought maternity might still be my best option at that stage but I’m really struggling lol.
All the tops I had ordered were just cosy jumpers that I had happened to see in the maternity section and thought they would be a good cosy oversized option for flinging on when lounging around the house with baby but definitely going to have to go for non-maternity πŸ˜‚

Oh really @New2020 πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ It must just depend on the specific items πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Women’s clothes sizing is a minefield anyway, not sure why I expected different from maternity πŸ˜‚

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in