Rhesus Negative Fall

(7 Posts)
Stassi Sun 27-Sep-20 18:54:39

I have just tripped over my front door step and fallen to my knees - no impact to my stomach as I put my hands out. I am 15 weeks pregnant and found out via text last week that I am rhesus negative. As my midwife app was cancelled I don’t really know what this means so have only googled. Should I be concerned about this?

OP’s posts: |
BeanieBabyLovex Sun 27-Sep-20 18:59:56

I'm also RH negative and my midwife said to only get checked if you have a direct bump incident or in a head on collision with something x

shellby28 Sun 27-Sep-20 19:12:12

I'm RH neg too, although postpartum now - I was advised to give the maternity ward a ring if anything like that happened just to be on the safe side. Hope you're OK, falls can be a bit shaking (coming from a very clumsy person!!)

Stef92 Sun 27-Sep-20 19:12:48

If you are concerned I would call the antenatal clinic/midwife. I was told if you hit your bump or have any spotting then I am to go for an injection

pinkbalconyrailing Sun 27-Sep-20 19:16:23

yes, if concerned give the midwife a call.
however I also was advised that only a fall ir hit onto bump is concerning.

RWK29 Sun 27-Sep-20 19:17:23

@Stassi I’m also Rh- and i think it’s only if you have a direct impact to your belly that you need to worry but it certainly won’t hurt to give the Early Pregnancy Unit at your hospital a call and ask for advice 😊 They might want you in for an injection just to be on the safe side so I’d definitely give them a ring and see what they say!

As for what it means - you’ll need to have an Anti-D injection at about 28 weeks and potentially after birth too depending on what baby’s blood type turns out to be 😊 I also experienced a small bleed at 13.5weeks and was asked to come in for an injection then too.

Stassi Sun 27-Sep-20 19:34:30

Thanks all! I phoned and they said as I landed on my knees and don’t have bleeding I don’t need to go in - thanks for the advice x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in