6 week pregnancy and baby not growing

(7 Posts)
pd11 Fri 25-Sep-20 05:12:33

Hi everyone!

Am already at 8.5 weeks of pregnancy and in screening my doctor is seeing just 6 weeks of growth. As per them baby is not growing and suggesting a possible miscarriage. Has anyone gone through the same situation? It's really terrifying here and don't know being in this situation what should be the right step.

OP’s posts: |
SelkieQualia Fri 25-Sep-20 05:22:44

I'm sorry, I've been there, it's so stressful. There's nothing you can really do until you know for sure if the pregnsncy is viable or not. Do you have a repeat scan scheduled, or is this a repeat?

pd11 Fri 25-Sep-20 05:31:00

My first scan was on 6 th Sept and reported as 6 week growth and today was second scan which was still the same as I was having some bleeding. Doctor at this moment suggested either will do scan again next week or we can remove the pregnancy. I am really not sure what should I do sad

SelkieQualia Fri 25-Sep-20 05:49:54

I chose to have the pregnancy removed, because I just wanted it all over and be done with the waiting - but it's a very personal choice.

hellymum21 Fri 25-Sep-20 06:21:45

Hi there, so sorry you're going through this. It happened to me in March, pretty much same timescales. I ended up opting for surgical option which, although never nice, was very straightforward and I'd definitely choose that again if I had to. Hope you're doing ok x

pd11 Fri 25-Sep-20 21:37:31

Thanks everyone! I am really confused at this moment thinking what better I could do to avoid such situation in my future pregnancy? I checked with my doctor and at this point she said we don't have any reason that why fetal dint grow. I was looking for reason at least so that I should avoid doing that in my future pregnancy. Its really painful to not know the reason sad

calimommy Sat 26-Sep-20 05:37:05

OP it's nothing you have done. This has happened to me three times before. It's just how it works. The process of conception is so complicated and fragile, sometimes I wonder how it works at all. The ones that don't grow, aren't meant to.
But I've had three babies as well, and have another tucked away inside, so there's always a chance it will work out too. Best of luck to you. X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in