Talk

Advanced search

Help

(6 Posts)
lemontea27 Wed 16-Sep-20 21:47:11

Help please
at 11 weeks I had an ERPC.. 3 weeks after I was scanned as I was still getting positive test results nothing was seen apart from lost of blood vessels nothing to worry about..
I was still getting them up until last Wednesday. Which then I had negative test on Wednesday and Thursday.
The hospital still wanted to see Me
I was scanned again today still nothing seen but pregnancy test has come up positive today at the hospital. I don't understand. They done bloods an it's in the 100s.
Has anyone experienced this. Or advice.
I couldn't be pregnant an if I was surely would be to soon for positive test
They told me to wait another 2 weeks I'm going out of my mind. I'm getting so down with it all now.
I've asked my doctor to see if they will repeat the bloods but this would have to be private..
any advice or help much appreciated 💛

OP’s posts: |
Gerdticker Thu 17-Sep-20 03:54:47

Hello lovely, I’m so sorry for your loss -

After my MC at 8 weeks, I continued to get positive pregnancy tests for around 4 Or 5 weeks afterwards. It evidently takes quite a while for levels to return to normal. So perhaps this residual level is what’s causing the positive tests, even though you aren’t currently pregnant?

Have you had a period yet? X

calimommy Thu 17-Sep-20 06:08:51

I had a MC at 11 weeks and was still getting positive tests nearly 8 weeks later. It drove me insane. Other MCs it took only 2ish weeks. Sometimes it just takes longer for the hormones to leave your system. X

lemontea27 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:00:07

Hi thank you for your reply

I got 3 negatives last week an then yesteday at the scan it's positive again. I just don't get it.

It gets you down doesn't it.

calimommy Thu 17-Sep-20 07:05:24

Yes, especially if you are waiting to TTC. In the mean time I recommend drinking very good wine -don't waste yourself on bad wine, as you won't be able to once you get pregnant again, which will hoped be in the not too distant future! 🤞 X

lemontea27 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:07:28

@calimommy thank you.

I forgot to say no period no bleeding before mc no bleeding after the procedure. Had some spotting but nothing
Then negative test so thought great now positive agIn I just feel like crying

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in