Talk

Advanced search

I'm so done! :-(

(25 Posts)
lockdownpregnancy Sun 13-Sep-20 17:18:45

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!
Between the lack of mobility, can't bend down, can't get dressed, can't sleep properly, can't do pretty much ANYTHING and the heartburn...... my god, the heartburn!!!
I'm 38 weeks and knowing that I could still have another 4 weeks of this shit is driving me to despair!
Overall I've had a brilliant pregnancy and have done exceptionally well compared to some poor ladies, but today, I feel so low today and crap.
I just want it all to be over and meet my little bundle so I can get on with life!!!
Sorry for the rant, I needed to vent and I'm afraid if I talk to anyone close to me I'm just going to bring them down with me, or they'll start ignoring me as they don't want to listen to me 😭😭😭😭

OP’s posts: |
kim160790 Sun 13-Sep-20 17:50:05

Near enough every woman gets like this and it seems to drag right at the very end it's awful but worth it. I get what you mean it feels like your body gives up towards the end but hang in there not long to go now x

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 13-Sep-20 17:51:14

39 weeks and feeling exactly the same!

Chanel05 Sun 13-Sep-20 17:52:21

39+5 and feeling the same!

babbaganoush Sun 13-Sep-20 17:53:50

I hear you! I’m 40+2 today and I am absolutely, 100% done. I’ve had a show and keep having tightenings and backache and get all hopeful thinking things are happening and then it just stops. So fed up and just want to meet my baby.

roarfeckingroarr Sun 13-Sep-20 17:57:14

36 weeks today and SO WITH YOU. Regretting my decision to work until 38+5 😫

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 13-Sep-20 18:00:27

roarfeckingroarr

36 weeks today and SO WITH YOU. Regretting my decision to work until 38+5 😫

I’m working until Friday. My DD is Saturday. What was I thinking?!?

Mother2princess Sun 13-Sep-20 18:07:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Viviennemary Sun 13-Sep-20 18:08:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lucymagoo Sun 13-Sep-20 18:10:11

Disagree with the above comments, it must be utter shit ☹️ I really feel for you, hang in there!

scaryfrogfish Sun 13-Sep-20 18:18:40

Message withdrawn as it quotes a deleted post.

difficulttod Sun 13-Sep-20 18:38:33

It's tough but everyone feels the same and in six months it'll be a distant memory.

lockdownpregnancy Sun 13-Sep-20 19:05:35

Thanks ladies! There's always one that has to chime in with a negative comment but I'm well aware how blessed I am, but I'm also entitled to feel how I feel!
Thank you to the rest of you who feel my pain!
My DH has just got home from work and I've just broke down and sobbed! Feel a bit better now I've had a cry!
Nearly there ladies! Nearly there!!! ❤️❤️

roarfeckingroarr Sun 13-Sep-20 19:19:15

@BeingATwatItsABingThing you were thinking the same as me - rather have the time once baby is here. I did one day in the office last week, first since March, and will not be doing that again until next autumn!!

roarfeckingroarr Sun 13-Sep-20 19:19:50

@Viviennemary just close the thread; clearly not the one for you

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 13-Sep-20 19:21:56

roarfeckingroarr

*@BeingATwatItsABingThing* you were thinking the same as me - rather have the time once baby is here. I did one day in the office last week, first since March, and will not be doing that again until next autumn!!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I’ll be grateful later but right now, I want to just sit with my feet up.

roarfeckingroarr Sun 13-Sep-20 19:22:30

@BeingATwatItsABingThing me too and I'm two weeks behind you 😫

SitDownLars Sun 13-Sep-20 19:29:51

I felt exactly the same towards the end of my pregnancy. So many people say you should make the most of those final days but in reality your too physically uncomfortable and mentally on edge. Just do whatever you can to get some rest and pass the time.

YouBringLightInToADarkPlace Sun 13-Sep-20 19:32:53

I'm only 34 weeks and today I'm feeling the same- my DS is nearly 3 and I want to do our normal things together and I can't!
I feel so sad that it's affecting him negatively before the baby is even here...

And my f**king ribs were not designed to be kicked from the inside 😡

My DS was breech and never turned head down whereas this one has been engaged since 20 week scan so I have never experienced this before.

I keep telling myself it will be worth it when they're here...

lockdownpregnancy Sun 13-Sep-20 19:48:33

@SitDownLars all I do is nap as I'm not sleeping through the night because I'm so uncomfortable and my acid reflux! I'm going with the silver lining that's it's good practise for the sleep deprivation I'll be experiencing soon enough 🤪

@YouBringLightInToADarkPlace the limb in the ribs is a real treat isn't it 😂 my baby has been engaged for around 6 weeks now so I've been having limbs wedged in my ribs for a while! Nice to know they are happy and moving but my god it's uncomfortable isn't it!

I remember posting in here a while a go about being terrified of labour and someone posted I'll be gagging for it towards the end. I thought they were bonkers but oh how right they were!!! Bring it on! 😂😂💪🏻💪🏻

20wedding19 Sun 13-Sep-20 22:33:16

Im 35 weeks and feel like this. I've had extreme sickness throughout, even now sick multiple times a day along with the other symptoms you mention so you have my sympathiesflowers...Im also working until 12 days before my due date, not sure what I was thinking either!

moonriver32 Sun 13-Sep-20 22:39:19

I completely understand - I'm now 41+2 and completely and utterly fed up! I'm sure I'll soon be wishing for the days of pregnancy when it was quiet and calm still...

But right now I've had enough of not being able to get up off the sofa, getting stuck on my back like a turtle, having to do a 45 point turn to roll over in bed nevermind trying to get out of bed to pee (5 times a night), not being able to bend down to pick anything up or get underwear or leggings/trousers on... The list goes on!

I know due dates are just estimated and that the baby has no idea that he/she is 9 days "overdue" but this last bit is no fun at all. Booked in to be induced on Friday which is equally terrifying...

Fingers crossed your little one makes a more timely appearance!

Serendipper Sun 13-Sep-20 22:49:13

I’m 37 weeks and fed up too! My son was born at 42 weeks so I’m stealing myself for quite a wait!

I’ve got a really strong nesting urge but equally I can’t be arsed and my toddler occupies most of my time so I’m just getting more and more frustrated about what I’m not able to do!

Thinkpinkstink Sun 13-Sep-20 22:52:06

Solidarity to you!

My second thought (after oh my god, that's my baby) after I gave birth was:.. "thank god I'm not pregnant anymore".

lockdownpregnancy Sun 13-Sep-20 23:21:12

Awwww ladies! You have cheered me up
Knowing im not alone with these thoughts and feelings! Currently psyching myself you to go to bed in the hopes I don't throw up stomach acid like I have been doing most nights!
Pillow dam around me to keep me propped up is the way forward at the moment! 😝
Big hugs all around! ❤️❤️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in