Hip pain in very early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
RocketJui Mon 14-Sep-20 07:20:17

I had this, and also tingling in my hands, and muscle cramps later on. I take calcium and vitamin D supplements now (a higher dose because I'm darker skinned and hardly go outside) and all the aches and pains are gone now

serialplanner Sun 13-Sep-20 17:01:37

I had this about 5/6 weeks (now 14) I read something about your ligaments loosening. It seemed really early but I bought a maternity pillow and it fixed it immediately.

RubyAberdeen Sun 13-Sep-20 12:27:10

My sister had excruciating hip pain when she first conceived. Unfortunately it didn’t end well. I’m not saying the two things were related, I don’t know, but the pain was the reason she went for an early scan.

QwertyBert Sun 13-Sep-20 12:25:54

Really glad someone mentioned this. I get a sort of dull pain in my left hip occasionally. Only since I got bfp at 4 weeks. I’m 6 weeks now and it’s less frequent. I had an (unrelated) trip to EPAU and they didn’t seem too bothered.

LaMadrilena Sun 13-Sep-20 11:30:48

Strange isn't it, when it's so early on? I've been taking paracetamol and that helped, but obviously want to avoid that now I've had a positive test.

OP’s posts: |
lucymagoo Sun 13-Sep-20 10:24:44

I'm 4 weeks and my hips have been so achy the past few days, especially when lying down/after sleeping. I found standing up and walking around helped weirdly

LaMadrilena Sun 13-Sep-20 09:23:59

I read something online (reliable website, just can't remember which one) about hip pain being a possible symptom of early pregnancy, but it was just a passing mention that I haven't found elsewhere. My hip/groin has been really sore for a few days, and I don't recall doing anything strange to it in the gym. BFP this morning, but I can only be 5w or so, so it's nothing to do with extra weight etc. Does anyone have any experience of this?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in