Talk

Advanced search

Hip pain in very early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
LaMadrilena Sun 13-Sep-20 09:23:59

I read something online (reliable website, just can't remember which one) about hip pain being a possible symptom of early pregnancy, but it was just a passing mention that I haven't found elsewhere. My hip/groin has been really sore for a few days, and I don't recall doing anything strange to it in the gym. BFP this morning, but I can only be 5w or so, so it's nothing to do with extra weight etc. Does anyone have any experience of this?

OP’s posts: |
lucymagoo Sun 13-Sep-20 10:24:44

I'm 4 weeks and my hips have been so achy the past few days, especially when lying down/after sleeping. I found standing up and walking around helped weirdly

LaMadrilena Sun 13-Sep-20 11:30:48

Strange isn't it, when it's so early on? I've been taking paracetamol and that helped, but obviously want to avoid that now I've had a positive test.

OP’s posts: |
QwertyBert Sun 13-Sep-20 12:25:54

Really glad someone mentioned this. I get a sort of dull pain in my left hip occasionally. Only since I got bfp at 4 weeks. I’m 6 weeks now and it’s less frequent. I had an (unrelated) trip to EPAU and they didn’t seem too bothered.

RubyAberdeen Sun 13-Sep-20 12:27:10

My sister had excruciating hip pain when she first conceived. Unfortunately it didn’t end well. I’m not saying the two things were related, I don’t know, but the pain was the reason she went for an early scan.

serialplanner Sun 13-Sep-20 17:01:37

I had this about 5/6 weeks (now 14) I read something about your ligaments loosening. It seemed really early but I bought a maternity pillow and it fixed it immediately.

RocketJui Mon 14-Sep-20 07:20:17

I had this, and also tingling in my hands, and muscle cramps later on. I take calcium and vitamin D supplements now (a higher dose because I'm darker skinned and hardly go outside) and all the aches and pains are gone now

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in