Should I be concerned?

(5 Posts)
saiditbetterthanme Sat 12-Sep-20 10:42:39

In 36+5 days pregnant with my second.
Woke up this morning with painful hips and lower belly.
Is this the baby dropping? I dont remember this last time and it feels like low level period pain with achey/painful hips. I also feel pretty sick as well.
Going to take some paracetamol to see if that helps. I'm worried it may be a sign of early labour but don't want to panic anyone at home just yet!

OP’s posts: |
Pipperleen Sat 12-Sep-20 10:50:50

How strange, I am feeling exactly the same today, along with a banging headache! I am 39+3. I have been waddling and wincing since I got up.
I think it is the baby dropping/ligament pain to be honest, I’ve had nothing else to suggest it’s labour at this point.
Hope it eases for you soon x

lockdownpregnancy Sat 12-Sep-20 12:00:00

I've been like this since last week. 38 weeks tomorrow and still nothing. I'm latent phase as I went to get checked out as I started having contractions every 4 minutes. They've now gone and a week and a half later I'm still sitting here waiting!
The joys eh!

saiditbetterthanme Sat 12-Sep-20 14:01:18

Thank you for your replies! I took some paracetamol and had a little sleep. Dh woke me up as he has to go to work and ds1 needs a snack!
Pain is on and off but think it is just the baby dropping.
Tbh, I am really ready to meet this baby! I've been uncomfortable since the end of Aug. I just dont remember being this cranky and achey last time!

OP’s posts: |
lockdownpregnancy Sat 12-Sep-20 17:20:25

@saiditbetterthanme I'm a FTM so I have no idea what's normal and what isn't. I just keep being told all is well which is good enough for me! I have horrific heartburn too which is driving me to despair as trying to sleep is a total joke at the minute!
I have naps every day but I wake up with raging heartburn every time! If I didn't have that I'd probably be less grumpy too! 🤪

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in