Talk

Advanced search

Phantom smells?

(4 Posts)
Addler Fri 11-Sep-20 14:36:50

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and all day today I've been smelling cigarette smoke. It doesn't matter which room I'm in in the house, I can smell it. I hate the smell and it's making me feel a bit sick.

Is there a weird pregnancy thing or is there someone hiding in a cupboard chainsmoking?

OP’s posts: |
MilkLady02 Fri 11-Sep-20 14:39:49

I had this too! It’s how I first realised I was pregnant, I could smell garlic when I got out of the cargrin
We also moved house while I was pregnant and I was convinced the previous occupants must have been smoking (I’m pretty sure they weren’t!) to the point I had to take down the curtains as they smelled so strongly to me!

Addler Fri 11-Sep-20 14:59:20

It's awful! I'll ask DP when he gets home if he can smell it too but I don't see how it can be coming from outside when it's been the whole day. Why can't it be something nice like bread? Or lemons?

OP’s posts: |
islandislandisland Fri 11-Sep-20 15:09:12

I could always smell weed throughout my pregnancy (not entirely unfounded as a neighbour smokes it and the smell would sometimes sneak in the bathroom window) but I became really obsessed with it and the minute I thought of it I could smell it, didn't know what was real and what wasnt! One of the more annoying side effects of being pregnant.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in