Talk

Advanced search

21 weeks and constant headache

(7 Posts)
EllieJai44 Thu 10-Sep-20 13:53:41

I'm just over 21 weeks pregnant and for the last week I just have a constant headache, after a few days I asked midwife if it was normal and said it was, I've asked again since as it hasn't gone and got no answer.... is it normal? Should I try midwives again?

OP’s posts: |
MoreCookiesPlease Thu 10-Sep-20 14:18:12

I think you should bring it up again and again until they see you. Have you had your BP checked and have they checked your urine for protein?

EllieJai44 Thu 10-Sep-20 14:22:38

@MoreCookiesPlease BP was checked at 20 week scan, urine not been checked since 12 weeks, assigned midwife never been seen in person 🤷‍♀️

MoreCookiesPlease Thu 10-Sep-20 14:26:41

That's awful. I mean hope it could just be a bog standard headache but it could also be a sign of preeclampsia. Is there an midwife assessment unit you can phone or just turn up to? I'd say take your notes and go in

EllieJai44 Thu 10-Sep-20 14:30:00

@MoreCookiesPlease there is, but I wasn't sure how normal headaches were so didn't want to seem like I was overreacting, I don't have any other symptoms that I'm aware of

Imtootired Thu 10-Sep-20 14:35:31

Check again with them but I had that too and everything was fine. Your sinuses can get inflamed or something like that and I used a thing from the chemist to squirt salt water up my nose and it helped quite a lot

scotgal99 Thu 10-Sep-20 16:39:55

I had this too. I used the little cooling strips you put on your forehead & eventually ended up taking painkillers. I also ate bananas which I’ve read helps with sore heads in pregnancy. Something to do with the potassium?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in