Talk

Advanced search

Is this heartburn?

(6 Posts)
theresaplaceforus Wed 09-Sep-20 17:20:52

I have a constant kind of burning sensation in my throat kind of down to my collar bone - it’s like a sore throat but a little bit different. Not sure if I’m coming down with something or if this is just heartburn - it’s relieved by eating ice but it doesn’t go away completely. I’ve never had heartburn before I don’t think. I’m 35 weeks at the moment.

OP’s posts: |
Leadust92 Wed 09-Sep-20 18:13:27

Hi,
I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have been getting heartburn since the second trimester. It's like you describe in the throat area. I try to eat by half 6 latest, drink lots of water and sometimes have an ice pop as it eases it and takes your mind off it while eating it! Also try to sleep propped up in bed. Maybe mention it to your midwife if unsure it's that though. Feel better soon smile

theresaplaceforus Wed 09-Sep-20 20:14:31

@Leadust92 thanks for your reply - I’m due to see the midwife on Monday so I’ll definitely ask about it then

OP’s posts: |
Somethingsnappy Wed 09-Sep-20 20:52:02

Definitely sounds like heartburn to me! If it's bothering you, a small glass of milk eases it. I also take rennies and they do the trick. They're especially helpful at night as heartburn wakes me up.

Viletta Wed 09-Sep-20 22:12:01

Sounds like heartburn, midwife said gaviscon is okay to take during pregnancy, milk helps as well.

ChlOeWh Wed 09-Sep-20 22:33:40

It does sound like heartburn, I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and suffering so bad with it throughout my whole pregnancy so far to the point I'm in tears! It wakes me at night too which is a good thing as it's that bad it travels right up my throat and I'm throwing up in my mouth in my sleep (sorry tmi)😬
My midwife has been prescribing me gaviscon (which is also ideal as it's so expensive in the shops) which I'm going through like it's going out of fashion😂 I've also been prescribed some tablets today called Omeprazole (I think they're called)
I know it's probably an old wives tale but if my baby doesn't come out looking like chewbacca with the heartburn I've had I'll be fuming 😂😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in