Talk

Advanced search

20week scan and heart defect, please help🙏.

(7 Posts)
LozHAP35 Wed 09-Sep-20 15:53:41

Hi all, I hope its OK to post on here, if not please deleat. Its took me about 30mins to suss how to post a thread. A long story cut short. I had my 20week scan a week ago.... Its a girl they said, I was so happy. But then the sonographer kept looking at her heart, I new something was wrong. After being refered to fetal medicain for another scan, confirming my little girl only has 3 Chambers instead of 4, as well as other things wrong but this is the main one. We was told to go for a termination. After days of tears I took the tablet. When the day came I cudent do it, sat there for what felt like years in the room. I went home and cryed more. Day after I had an amniocentesis to see if baby had Edwards syndrome which the consultant was pointing it towards. But isint sure. Im still waiting the results of the test which should be tomorrow. My heads all over and I don't no what to think. The consultant has said my baby won't survive if its Edwards but if not I could go to alder hay to see if the can operate. Its been a very long week and my and baby have been prodded and poked so much. Iv felt like a pin cushion and totaly lost right now. Any one had similar situation or can give me some hope, thankyou for reading

OP’s posts: |
LittleBrownBaby Wed 09-Sep-20 19:18:29

Sorry I can't offer any advice but wanted to wish you all the best going forwards. I can imagine this is an incredibly hard time x

AintOverUntilTheCatLadySings Wed 09-Sep-20 19:24:27

You poor thing. This is awful news and you're holding up so well considering.

Sending you support and positive vibes.

Sash887 Wed 09-Sep-20 19:33:28

Hi, first of all I'm so so sorry you've been given this news. My little girl was diagnosed at 10 weeks old with a heart defect. Get a second opinion. My girl was treated at Alder hey they are amazing. Was there a cardiac consultant at your scan? It's such a rollercoaster of a journey but they have a great support system. All I can say is it's your choice to make. We had watch our little girl go through so much which was horrendous but she was so strong. Our ending wasn't the one we wanted but saying that she was with us for 2.5years and brought only joy. It isn't the easiest option but there is loads of support. I wouldn't change a thing as she definitely was and is the best thing that ever happened to us. Take care. X

AlviesMam Wed 09-Sep-20 21:08:40

At my twenty week scan my baby boy had a heart defect which showed three chambers and I was diagnosed with hypo plastic left heart syndrome but a severe case.
I chose to terminate as he wouldn't have survived and I got told he may have passed away in the womb.
I personally couldn't go longer knowing I would get attached to him and knowing he would be taken from me at some point.
It's a heartbreaking time and it's a personal choice and I hope you have support whatever you decide to do. I honestly feel your pain it's the most devastating thing to go through. Sending you strength xx

LozHAP35 Thu 10-Sep-20 09:33:47

Thankyou everyone, we should have the results back today. I'm just hoping and praying for our little girl 🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏.
Life feels like it's falling apart right now, but I'm trying to stay strong for all of us. My belly flips every time my phone rings.

OP’s posts: |
RocketJui Thu 10-Sep-20 09:54:54

I send many hugs. Definitely get a second opinion if possible, so that you can have as much information as possible about your baby's condition and how it might affect them.

I send many hugs. It's a horrible feeling to get bad news at your 20 week scan

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in