Talk

Advanced search

Cheeky Wipes Alternative

(12 Posts)
rainbows20 Tue 08-Sep-20 08:50:21

Hello,

I am wanting to use reusable wipes. I know a lot of people recommend the Cheeky Wipes. I just wondered if anyone had any other recommendations for cloth / terry wipes? Also for the container box and bags?

I just think the kit for £45 seems expensive and was wondering if I could do it any cheaper. Or will it work out around the same price buying non popular brands?

OP’s posts: |
PaulinePetrovaPosey Tue 08-Sep-20 08:51:35

I loooooove my cheeky wipes, but a set of small flannels and two Tupperware boxes would do exactly the same job. I don't bother with the essential oils.

rainbows20 Tue 08-Sep-20 09:19:07

@PaulinePetrovaPosey Thank you. I did wonder about flannels. Do you think they would be too thick or rough tho?

OP’s posts: |
UnaOfStormhold Tue 08-Sep-20 09:21:52

If you have a sewing machine or know someone who does then cutting and oversewing a metre or so of towelling fabric into squares is a pretty easy job. If you have an old thin towel that would be even cheaper. Cheap flannels would probably work well too - they're generally fairly thin.

atomcats Tue 08-Sep-20 09:25:08

We use the nappy lady wipes and store them in a large plastic box for use at home (out and about we just use normal wipes).

www.thenappylady.co.uk/washable-wipes/nappy-lady-premium-washable-wipes-cottonfleece.html

annlee3817 Tue 08-Sep-20 10:33:51

I've got these, they're lovely and soft www.amazon.co.uk/MuslinZ-20x20cms-Bamboo-Cotton-Terry/dp/B01MQYP9FL/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=reusable+wipes&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1599557602&sr=8-4

Yankathebear Tue 08-Sep-20 10:35:31

I made my own by chopping up an old fleece blanket.

StrawberrySprinkles Tue 08-Sep-20 10:36:03

We’ve gone for these bamboo reusable wipes from Baba + Boo. Baby due in October so haven’t used them yet but they seem really good ☺️

www.babaandboo.com/products/bamboo-wipes

OakleyStreetisnotinChelsea Tue 08-Sep-20 10:38:37

Mini wet bags and some chopped up fabric or poundland flannels work great. An atomiser/mini spray bottle is useful too for out and about changing so can spray wipe to wet instead of storing wet.

OakleyStreetisnotinChelsea Tue 08-Sep-20 10:40:58

Mind you when i first started using cloth nappies there wasn't the choice there is now. Mine were in terry squares with a mother ease wrap and had bums wiped with a cut up flannel and water. None of these kits with essential oil and wipes soaked in cold camomile tea or whatever.

LolaSmiles Tue 08-Sep-20 10:43:08

Baba and Boo do nice ones and so do Close Pop In. I prefer them to Cheeky Wipes so use a mixture of those and flannels.

Angel2702 Tue 08-Sep-20 10:43:52

I used cheap flannels cut up with fleece sewn on the back when mine were small. They lasted through all three kids. I made up fresh water with camomile tea and dash of oil and just poured on or used a small spray bottle when out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in