Talk

Advanced search

Dad to be

(12 Posts)
Tblock Sun 06-Sep-20 23:18:12

Hey guys,

Dad to be here for the 1st time next May 2021. My fiancée is currently coming up to 7 weeks pregnant from tomorrow. Massive year for us, despite the horrendous covid-19 affecting the world, as we are also getting married abroad in a few months, so a lot take in at the moment ;) all planned though. Hoping to announce it to the family then in my speech.

Anyway, thought I’d put an article up for a bit of reassurance really from mothers that have experience or mothers to be that can point me in the right direction.

So, initially we got the double test from clear blue, which confirmed our pregnancy via both the positive sign stick, plus the digital reading. Not to mention my partner now not having a period for 1.5 months now. So pregnancy is without a doubt , but my partner isn’t really getting many symptoms, if so, it’s extremely mild.

My misses is as calm as anything thankfully, so she hasn’t been worrying, so it’s me being a bit of a worrier, although I haven’t shown her that, hence the article on here smile

Last few days she’s had slight nausea feeling for a short period but not physically vomiting, but that has passed. But she’s had it the last 2/3 days I think, but in very small doses. Just a slight sick feeling for a bit.

Should she be having more symptoms ? Or is still very early to worry ?

We have a private 9 week scan booked in a few weeks as by time we reach 12 weeks, we will be abroad, so will use the NHS one after, so obviously excited about our private scan.

Just want some reassurance really if cool with you smile

OP’s posts: |
bunnieboo91 Sun 06-Sep-20 23:23:51

Hey father to be!

Congratulations on the good news!

I had zero symptoms until way later on in pregnancy (36 weeks) it's wonderful she hasn't got no or little symptoms. It's still early days but please try and not worry and get excited smile

Foreverbaffled Sun 06-Sep-20 23:27:56

It’s totally fine don’t worry! Oh and congratulations smile

With my first pregnancy I barely had any symptoms until my second trimester. Try and keep the worry at bay, especially if your partner is feeling chilled out. Try and enjoy it together one step at a time.

Tblock Mon 07-Sep-20 00:21:17

Cheers guys smile oh I’m not showing her my worry whatsoever. Just thought I’d get some reassurance for my own peace of mind on here, without the need to worry her. Much appreciated.

TheHappyHerbivore Mon 07-Sep-20 08:03:32

Congratulations!

That’s very normal, don’t worry. I only ever had very mild symptoms, and they came and went. I’m now 26 weeks and all is progressing well.

GreyShadow Mon 07-Sep-20 08:06:14

Very very normal!! In fact the first and third time I was pregnant I didn't know until I was about 5 months!!!

Enjoy the peace while you can. Have a lovely wedding!!!!

Sam042017 Mon 07-Sep-20 08:59:21

Congratulations! I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and didn't have any symptoms I was convinced I'd go for my 12 week scan and there be no baby there! Everyone is different and just count yourselves lucky that she isn't experience vomiting!

Glendaruel Mon 07-Sep-20 09:23:32

At 7 weeks I just felt tired, then the vomiting kicked in, but every pregnancy is different.

If she does start with being sick, glass of water and tear off the toilet roll was appreciated. My partner would give loo a clean after I left room as he knew cleaning products set me off. Some women have a stronger sense of smell and ordinary things can set them off.

Tblock Mon 07-Sep-20 09:54:40

What a lovely bunch of women you all are. Thanks for putting a new father to be at ease haha. I’m honestly not panicking, but I literally just needed a bit of reassurance from others who have experienced similar.

Fast90 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:09:38

Very normal (and very bloody lucky!)

SauvyB Mon 07-Sep-20 10:15:16

Congratulations!

I didn't get any symptoms till 9 weeks and then I had horrendous morning sickness for 4 weeks.

My SIL had zero symptoms and two healthy babies!

Not everyone is the same or gets textbook symptoms! smile

MrsK89 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:19:51

Congratulations! Very normal, some don't have sickness throughout

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in