Talk

Advanced search

32 week growth scan baby small.

(3 Posts)
Kendrick12 Fri 04-Sep-20 13:14:39

Hi all I got sent for a growth scan at 31 weeks 3 days baby was estimated at just under 3 lbs. they plotted it on my chart and it showed that baby is under the 10th centile I've got to be re scanned in 2 weeks time. Has anyone had similar experience? What was the outcome? Anyone been re scanned and baby caught up?? Thanks in advance xx

OP’s posts: |
Theworldisfullofgs Fri 04-Sep-20 13:24:37

My friend had this. She went on maternity leave slightly early and the baby grew. She had a v busy job and whether resting more made a difference, I don't know. It might be a coincidence.

3lb at this point is small but not awful. I was a 4lb baby and early and I'm fine. I get its worrying so telling you to not stress won't help and the hospital is keeping an eye on you, so that's good.

Mo81 Sat 05-Sep-20 09:28:10

Firstly try not to worry they need to do scans 2 weeks apart to see if the baby is following the line this is how they tell the difference between growth restiction and a naturally small baby. They will probably do doppler scans to ensure the placenter is working properly. If they feel there is reason for concern you may be induced early. I was induced at 36 week with my daughter she was estimated to be 4lb but was actually 5lb7oz and is absolutly fine and is now much bigger than anyone expected.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in