Talk

Advanced search

Round ligament pain at 10 weeks

(5 Posts)
pinacollama Thu 03-Sep-20 14:18:51

I'm 10 + 3 today. Since the weekend, I've been experiencing sharp shooting/stabbing pains generally low down around my pubic area (for want of a better way of describing it) sometimes shooting up to my stomach. I've had it on both sides. I spoke to a midwife yesterday who said, although it's a little early, it sounds quite like round ligament pain and that it's nothing to worry about. She said women usually describe it as a discomfort more than pain as such. Last night, it was so painful it woke me up - very sharp stabbing pains that didn't last long. I've had them again today at random points, enough to stop me in my tracks and gasp. I also have a very mild ache in my uterus at times.

Essentially, I'm wondering if this level of pain is normal for round ligament pain, or is it a sign of something else? It seems so early to be feeling it like this. Should I contact the midwife again? I don't want to come across as neurotic. I am very anxious after trying to conceive for a long time, lots of fertility investigations and being placed on the list for IVF. We did have a private scan at 8 + 5 which confirmed everything was as it should be for that time - hearing the heartbeat was lovely.

Thank you for any advice.

OP’s posts: |
Sairafina Thu 03-Sep-20 14:22:57

My round ligament pains were v.bad and would often wake me up in the night. I found a hot water bottle to be my best friend! Hope it gets better for you

pinacollama Thu 03-Sep-20 15:43:20

Thank you! I’ll bring out the hot water bottle. I dread to think how bad they’ll get if they’re like this already when my uterus is still small!

OP’s posts: |
Sairafina Fri 04-Sep-20 00:39:13

I don't really remember getting them after 14 or so weeks, now just get the odd pain

SunnySideUp2020 Sat 05-Sep-20 16:42:38

@pinacollama i am 10 weeks too and been experiencing severe pain since yesterday.
I got super worried as i also have some tiny orangey discharge sometimes but i also suspect it s my bowels that hurt.
Could it be that? Something you eat that upset the stomach?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in