Maternity Coats - Waterproof?

(4 Posts)
ASmith88 Thu 03-Sep-20 12:46:33

I'm struggling to find a suitable maternity/babywearing coat that is waterproof. Living in Scotland it's pretty pointless going out in anything that can't handle a downpour or two and all of the coats i'm seeing online either aren't waterproof at all, or only state they are shower-proof.

Looking for something to do the last few months of pregnancy and can convert into a baby-wearing coat - ideally front and back. Happy to spend as much as is needed on this but it needs to be reliably waterproof for dog walks/walks in the country etc.

Beginning to think pregnant women just aren't supposed to go outside in the rain!!

Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
LoveSunshine01 Thu 03-Sep-20 15:50:02

Hahaha, I have the same problem. I posted a thread a while ago about it. Mumsnet wisdom plus my research came back with:

1) Mamalila jackets, amazing but very very expensive (£160)
2)Mother and nature jackets, look less amazing, but only very expensive! (£90)
3) Zip us in jacket expander - you can keep using your non maternity jacket by zipping in an additional panel. Sensible price, water resistant but not waterproof.
3) Poncho! Check out 'people's pocho' - they look quite good to me
4) Oversized normal jacket

In conclusion I am still just about squeeeeeezing into my normal one and wearing it open if it isn't torrential. Gonna have to make a decision soon though!

Laura0589 Thu 03-Sep-20 18:09:26

hahaha i know same here, why is it so hard?! thanks for this, i live in the lakedistrict and have a dog so gonna need one too. love the poncho idea, but a bit worried i may take off like a bird if i go up a hill lol! glad i'm not the only one squeezing into my waterproof like father christmas :D

SJR86 Thu 03-Sep-20 19:17:27

I've got the jacket expander, only used it on a drizzly day so far but I like that I can still wear my existing coats and my husband can also use it for baby wearing in the future.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in