Talk

Advanced search

First signs

(11 Posts)
Terri055 Tue 01-Sep-20 11:46:18

Hi everyone
What was your first symptoms of pregnancy and did you feel any of these before a missed period?
Currently on OD11, doing my best not to test early but I have been having really weird dreams the last 5 days or so which is not like me so wondering if this could be a possible sign! xxx

OP’s posts: |
BeMorePacific Tue 01-Sep-20 11:54:56

In my first pregnancy, I had 1 huge boob. We’d been trying for about 10months, so I was certain I was pregnant.
In my 2nd pregnancy, I had no symptoms. Didn’t think I was pregnant and only took the test because I’d thrown away the box. That was a shock after 1m of trying x

alanaashton Tue 01-Sep-20 11:54:58

Hi! I normally have quite boring dreams but I had very vivid, usually scary dreams for a whole week before I got my positive at 10DPO. Other than that, main symptoms were sore nipples, indigestion, being really hungry, and a tugging sensation in my lower abdomen. Best of luck to you!!

Elouera Tue 01-Sep-20 11:57:54

1st preg: i had really erect, perky nipples from about 12dpo- not sore boobs at all, just erect nipples ALL the time! I'd been TTC 4yrs at that stage and it never occurred to me to test!

2nd preg: I was constipated before BFP, nauseous and had acute smell. No erect nipples though that time!

GirlCalledJames Tue 01-Sep-20 11:58:06

Vivid dreams are a symptom of pregnancy.
My first symptom was feeling cold all the time. It was at least 5 days before my official test day (IVF).

MarshmallowsOnToast Tue 01-Sep-20 12:00:58

Honestly all the times I thought I had symptoms (thinking I was having implantation cramps, pulling sensations, feeling sick) etc. It was all in my mind & I wasn't pregnant.

The cycle I actually fell pregnant, I only suspected because my BBT temperature had stayed high. I had no other symptoms/feelings. That's what prompted me to test, otherwise I would have had no idea until I'd missed my period.

Fancy1993 Tue 01-Sep-20 12:06:01

I also felt unbearably cold for about 1-2 days when I’m guessing implantation was. Nothing would warm me up. That’s happened both pregnancies.

Terri055 Tue 01-Sep-20 12:09:22

Thanks all, it's so strange how everyone is different isn't it! I honestly drove myself crazy the first 2 cycles (we are on cycle 3) making myself think I was pregnant but the mind can play so many tricks on you sad - trying my best to relax this month and not think about it too much but here I am reading through so many chats and talking myself out of testing early, so frustrating xxx

Terri055 Tue 01-Sep-20 12:11:41

alanaashton

Hi! I normally have quite boring dreams but I had very vivid, usually scary dreams for a whole week before I got my positive at 10DPO. Other than that, main symptoms were sore nipples, indigestion, being really hungry, and a tugging sensation in my lower abdomen. Best of luck to you!!

hopefully my dreams are a positive sign like yours smile, usually if I dont really remember my dreams but as soon as I wake up at the minute I can remember every detail and have to sort of remind myself that it wasn't real
did you test early?xxx

SqidgeBum Tue 01-Sep-20 12:14:01

The smell of coffee and driving the car around roundabouts made me feel sick. That was the start of my 12 week long morning sickness and that was 5 days before my period was due (on both babies). People say you cant get MS that early. Oooooh yes you can lol.

alanaashton Tue 01-Sep-20 12:25:16

I did test early yeah! Curiosity got the better of me and I did a cheap test which had the faintest second line, then did a first response test which came up positive. Tested again with a Clearblue digital at 11DPO which came up positive as well smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in