Will I beable to "choose" induction day

(10 Posts)
Avearage Mon 31-Aug-20 20:12:11

So random but there's so much going on with other kids going back to school transport /care /times.... If they book my induction will I get any "choice" on days etc.... I know baby could come anytime then we will just make do but its making me think stuff over n over on how will we do it!!

OP’s posts: |
thetangleteaser Mon 31-Aug-20 20:17:09

I think it completely depends why you’re being induced, I wouldn’t imagine there’s a great deal of flexibility tbh.

Dogsgowoofwoof Mon 31-Aug-20 20:19:44

If you have to be induced it’s normally fairly quickly so I doubt you get much choice. I was told I’d need to be induced on the Tuesday and was called in the Friday, still didn’t have baby until the following Tuesday.

EvilHerbivore Mon 31-Aug-20 20:20:55

I was just booked in on the next 'free slot' they had past 40 weeks

TrashKitten10 Mon 31-Aug-20 20:26:30

DD was measuring large and the consultant met us to encourage induction and offered a selection of dates. Ultimately they ended up being full on the ward on our chosen day so we were called in the day after.

Avearage Mon 31-Aug-20 20:27:01

It's medical reasons for induction pre existing conditions I have, praying for a weekend baby!!

BlackKittyKat Mon 31-Aug-20 20:43:01

Even if you could choose - it doesn't mean you would get a weekend baby.

I've been induced twice. First time it took three days, second time two days.

Advertisement

Avearage Mon 31-Aug-20 20:48:11

I realise I can't actually choose birthday.... But I can but wish 😂!! I'm hoping as it's 4th baby things move faster..... Each labour B4 has got quicker each time but neve been induced 🙄

Dinosauraddict Mon 31-Aug-20 21:21:55

I was given no choice at all, very clearly told they were inducing at 38+0 as that's as long as they were happy to leave me/baby. Induction was super quick and I left hospital with baby on 38+1.

BeMorePacific Tue 01-Sep-20 08:36:09

You can always say no to induction. Then change your mind a day or 2 later.
But it’s worth bearing in mind what is best for you and baby xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in