Talk

Advanced search

Why can’t I get pregnant!

(4 Posts)
doingitforthefrill Mon 31-Aug-20 17:42:50

I know no one is going to be able to give me answers but other than my OH I have no one in the real world to speak to about such things.

I extremely lucky to have 2 children already which I managed to conceive as soon as we decided to start trying. Last year we tried for baby no.3 assuming after having 2 we would fall pregnant fairly soon again. It took 6 months, and then I miscarried at 11 weeks. A couple of months after I fell pregnant again which also lead to a miscarriage at 6 weeks.

I’ve taken this very hard, and have now have convinced myself something must be wrong. We have now been trying for 8 months and no luck. Every single month I get my hopes up and feel absolutely gutted each time I get my period.

Although I’ve always suffered heavy painful periods, after the 2 miscarriages they have become more heavy and leaving me crippled in pain the first couple of days.

I’m still fairly young, fit and healthy so I’m struggling now coming to terms with as to why I can’t fall pregnant!

Has anyone else been through similar?

OP’s posts: |
emma911030 Mon 31-Aug-20 17:53:08

Sorry I don't have any advice or any experience but I didn't want to 'read and run' as it were.
I'm really sorry your struggling to conceive I can't imagine the upset from both the miscarriages and the monthly trauma seeing your period arrive.
Sending virtual hugs 💐 x

Marmite133 Mon 31-Aug-20 17:59:19

I don't have much experience OP but I've had 1 miscarriage and 2 chemical pregnancies over 8 months.
Do you temp? After my miscarriage I signed up for FF and started temping. I realised that I was ovulating a week before I thought so our 'timing' as it were, was off. Since then I got pregnant 3 times in a row (2 chemicals and 1 hopefully sticking 🤞).
MCs are incredibly difficult to process so do look after yourself.

BeMorePacific Tue 01-Sep-20 08:41:40

So sorry for your losses.
I don’t have any advice but wanted to bump the thread, in case any one else can help xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in