Can the iCandy Peach Footmuff Be Used With Carrycot?

(6 Posts)
An205 Mon 31-Aug-20 14:27:07

This may sound like a silly question but I’m wondering if the iCandy footmuff can be used in the carrycot. I’m due in Nov and am not sure whether I need to buy a ton of blankets or invest in a footmuff. If not, do you think it’s still worth getting? Thanks 😊

OP’s posts: |
ShyTown Mon 31-Aug-20 14:35:31

The footmuff is designed for the seat and has holes in the back for the straps to go for to keep it in place. I also don’t think it would be safe in case baby slides down. The carrycot also already has a covered top so I’d plan to add a cellular blanket and dress baby in something warm for this year. I’d still get it though because it doubles as a seat liner so you’ll probably want for when you transition to the seat.

ToxicTracey Mon 31-Aug-20 14:36:16

No they can't be used in the carrycot, the carrycot has a big furry cover on top though so a normal blanket was normally enough for DD (born Oct) or I would put her in wearing a pramsuit/sleeping bag.

ToxicTracey Mon 31-Aug-20 14:37:59

Footmuff is definitely worth getting for when they're sitting up though. DD went in the seat around 16 weeks so we still got plenty use out of it.

An205 Thu 03-Sep-20 14:06:17

ShyTown

The footmuff is designed for the seat and has holes in the back for the straps to go for to keep it in place. I also don’t think it would be safe in case baby slides down. The carrycot also already has a covered top so I’d plan to add a cellular blanket and dress baby in something warm for this year. I’d still get it though because it doubles as a seat liner so you’ll probably want for when you transition to the seat.

Thank you very much for your help x

An205 Thu 03-Sep-20 14:06:55

ToxicTracey

No they can't be used in the carrycot, the carrycot has a big furry cover on top though so a normal blanket was normally enough for DD (born Oct) or I would put her in wearing a pramsuit/sleeping bag.

Thank you for your help! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in