Talk

Advanced search

Positive stories of 40 somethings getting pregnant after loss

(5 Posts)
Countingblessings Mon 31-Aug-20 10:30:04

Hi @Sef89. I'm currently 25 weeks after a MMC in february. All going well so far. For me, the anxiety has never really left. So much so that there are still lots of people I havent told (lockdown has made that easier) and I feeI wont relax until baby is here.
Age does give me anxiety, not so much about my health but about how young or old my baby will be when I'm no longer here. But I manage that by telling myself that we are all living longer these days (god willing) and that having a baby is the greatest incentive to really start to look after myself. So once this baby is here I'll be losing the weight, getting fit, new healthy habits etc. And giving myself the best possible chance.

I wish you well. Its horrible that we have to think about our age, particularly as circumstances can simply mean that we've not been in a position to have families until now, but got to live for the moment. Best of luck xxx

MariaDingbat Mon 31-Aug-20 10:08:41

Thank you! I was very anxious before I feel pregnant again as it took 6 months and I kept thinking each month 'what if this never happens?' but looking back 6 months isn't that long, especially at my age.

It didn't really go away after I got the positive test either, in the early weeks I was constantly checking in case I was bleeding. Unfortunately my BFP coincided with lockdown so I didn't get the weekly reassurance scans that I had been meant to get and then no scans between 12 and 21 weeks. It was difficult as my 2nd miscarriage was only found at a 10 week scan when there was no heartbeat.

I had spotting at 7 weeks and went to hospital to be checked for an ectopic and burst into tears when the doctor let me hear the heartbeat as I was so convinced it wasn't going to be there, the same at the 10 week scan for the harmony test. Now they are moving it feels better as I know they're in there and okay.

Most EPUs have a bereavement midwife who might be helpful if you feel your anxiety is becoming too much?

Sef89 Sun 30-Aug-20 18:30:46

Congratulations. Thanks for the reply I'm also suffering a lot of anxiety did you after your miscarriages

OP’s posts: |
MariaDingbat Sun 30-Aug-20 17:06:08

I had two miscarriages last year at 39, then fell pregnant in March, 2 months after my 40th birthday. So far all is well and I'm 25 weeks at the moment. I was on progesterone pesseries and now am on asprin for the rest of the pregnancy but no one has even mentioned my age at any appointments. Good luck!

Sef89 Sun 30-Aug-20 16:57:20

I'm so consumed with negative things about conceiving at 40 please tell me your positives

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in