10 weeks and suffering from headaches

(5 Posts)
stephbrod Sat 29-Aug-20 19:18:30

Heyblush

Am 10 weeks and 2 days and for the past 2 weeks i have been suffering from sore heads, paracetamol wont budge and am scared to use anything else.
All i want to do is lay on the bed and not move, really struggling for the energy to do anything.
Would love any tips on how to budge and kinda give me energy😭

OP’s posts: |
TruffleMama Sat 29-Aug-20 23:25:33

Sounds exactly like me at 10 weeks. It's probably down to low blood pressure which is pretty common during pregnancy.

I would come over light-headed, weak and lethargic and I'd have a headache pretty much constantly.

Try drinking lots and lots of water, eat some salty snacks to raise your blood pressure and try laying down with a cold flannel on your forehead.

If your headaches don't ever go away and they are more like migraines or they are affecting your vision - call your midwife for advice.

stephbrod Sat 05-Sep-20 22:43:46

TruffleMama

Sounds exactly like me at 10 weeks. It's probably down to low blood pressure which is pretty common during pregnancy.

I would come over light-headed, weak and lethargic and I'd have a headache pretty much constantly.

Try drinking lots and lots of water, eat some salty snacks to raise your blood pressure and try laying down with a cold flannel on your forehead.

If your headaches don't ever go away and they are more like migraines or they are affecting your vision - call your midwife for advice.

Thanks, yeah their coming and going its horrible i feel like it just stops me doing anything. I will try a cold flannel see if that helps.
Now experiencing heart burn😵 i didnt have any of this with my first.
Xx

OP’s posts: |
Gerdticker Sun 06-Sep-20 00:51:36

Yes drink more water - it’s so easy to forget just how bloomin much you need, and dehydration is a definite shortcut to headaches and exhaustion.

Try having at least a pint at breakfast to start the day well x

SITL1992 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:09:31

I have the worst migraines from pregnancy - try kool n soothe pads from amazon, work so much better than paracetamol and they're pregnancy safe x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in