Talk

Advanced search

Constantly feeling terrible during pregnancy!

(5 Posts)
Ajo92 Fri 28-Aug-20 18:22:34

Hello fellow mummies,

I always turn to these threads to read up on advice and see how other people are feeling at certain stages of their pregnancies and decided to actually start my own thread. I’m 23 weeks pregnant with my second and feeling totally rubbish - I have since I found out I was pregnant. The constant nausea did stop eventually at week 16 but has since been replaced with this constant feeling of being lethargic, groggy, not wanting to do anything and never have an appetite for any foods yet I’m constantly hungry! This pregnancy glow/burst of energy just doesn’t seem to be making its appearance at any point - is this normal? I also get severe health anxiety and fixate on all the changes my body goes through and google them and end up terrifying myself (ie change in moles, changes in boobs/areolas bleeding gums etc) I just seem to be feeling constantly terrified, lonely and waiting for this to pass even though I know I’ll miss my bump when my little angel is born and I am aware I am very lucky I managed to get pregnant twice. Anyone else feel like this or going through something similar?

OP’s posts: |
Brandaris Fri 28-Aug-20 18:28:46

21 weeks here, and feel rubbish nearly all the time, tired and grumpy. My DH is fed up as he’s having to do everything and look after dd. Luckily he’s furloughed and I’m working ft as I feel guilty enough as it is.

It’s only going to get worse isn’t it? I remember the third trimester as a long slog of exhaustion.

Sorry that probably isn’t helpful!

Ajo92 Fri 28-Aug-20 19:03:49

Thanks for your reply smile

We had been trying for so long to get pregnant the second time round so I thought the overwhelming happiness would disguise a bit of the lethargy and just overall ‘meh’ feeling. I also know a bit better at what to expect this second time round so annoyed at myself for allowing health anxiety to take over and put a dampener on this experience. I’ve Convinced myself I’ve got a brain tumour as I’ve had bad migraines which I never got before but everyone thinks I just sound mad but when your in that frantic frame of mind and constantly google all symptoms for some form of reassurance you genuinely end up believing them 🥺 Being made redundant and having a husband constantly working probably gives me far too much time on my hands to be consumed by this anxiety but must try motivate myself to go for a walk more often or get a hobby. I guess I’m worried that there’s something wrong with me because I feel so rubbish this whole time even though my bloods and urine are constantly checked.
Sorry to sound like I’m moaning and all negative just feel rubbish sad

Brandaris Fri 28-Aug-20 19:58:28

Have you spoken to your gp about your anxiety? Worrying is exhausting so on top of pregnancy tiredness I can imagine it really getting you down.

If you’re having lots of migraines please mention it to your midwife, it’s likely to be tiredness but they will want to know. Likewise do tell them how you’re feeling at the moment, they might be able to help.

Don’t put pressure on yourself to enjoy pregnancy, it’s not much fun for most people, I certainly don’t enjoy it! It’ll be worth it in the end though smile

If you’re at home all the time do try to get out and do something, anything. Fresh air and exercise are so good and really help me keep myself away from my own mind if you know what I mean.

Ajo92 Fri 28-Aug-20 20:02:41

Thank you your right I know. Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope you feel better soon also x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in