Talk

Advanced search

I'm struggling with work

(2 Posts)
LibbyAshleigh Fri 28-Aug-20 11:44:55

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and have a tiny business through Facebook where I create arty things for people, and I'm getting a few orders in for Christmas cards now. I don't have a desk, so I sit on the floor on a cushion at the coffee table. But I'm quite short, so I can only just reach properly. It hurts my back and sometimes my bump too. My fiancé has a desk for his PC, which he said I can use, but I've tried and that hurts my back a bit too, since I have to sit right up close to it to draw etc or I have to lean forward, and I'm constantly shifting positions to get comfortable!
I do my art when I'm not looking after my 9 month old son, for example when my fiancé is home or when he's napping/in bed. So it's not that often I get to do it, but when I do get to, it's hard because I'm pregnant!
I was wondering if anyone else has this kind of problem, and what you do to help it and make it more comfortable?
Thanks! smile

OP’s posts: |
Superscientist Fri 28-Aug-20 12:05:54

I struggled to sit at my desk in my third trimester, I found sitting on my exercise ball instead of a desk helped.

Do you have anything that could be used as a hard surface to allow you to sit on your bed or sofa and do your work?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in