Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant?

(15 Posts)
PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Sun 23-Aug-20 14:05:12

I had sex on D6 of my cycle, the day after my period finished. My cycles are normally every 28/29 days. My period is due in 3 days. Over the past week I have had more travel sickness than usual and slightly smelly urine but I could be imagining these things! I’m 42 and haven’t been pregnant since I had my youngest of 2, 5 years ago.

I can’t get a test at the moment. Does this sound like pregnancy?

If you had a change in the smell of your urine in early pregnancy, what did it actually smell of as I can’t find an answer online. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Sun 23-Aug-20 14:06:46

I should add that I was very lucky with both of my children and got pregnant during the first month of trying each time but I was 35 and 37 then!

Lollol86 Sun 23-Aug-20 14:10:23

@PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease based on a cycle length of 28/29 days I would say it's highly
Unlikely but not impossible. Do you know when you ovulated?

PowPurry Sun 23-Aug-20 14:12:43

This is exactly what happened to me this time op. 8+5 today. We “don’t know how this baby was conceived” as my cycles are between 30-32 days, normally ovulate around day 16. We only DTD on CD6! Cycle tracking has worked perfectly for us for nearly our whole 13 year relationship. Until it didn’t grin
But of course you won’t know until you get a test. Good luck for the answer you want.

PotteringAlong Sun 23-Aug-20 14:13:07

If you’ve had sex you could be pregnant - you need to do a test.

PowPurry Sun 23-Aug-20 14:15:29

I must add - I was on a diet and losing weight (had been on the diet since mid June and this baby was conceived around mid July). Fat loss is supposed to do something to hormones, so whether it made me ovulate earlier? I don’t know. DH is now getting the snip in any case.

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Sun 23-Aug-20 14:20:13

I’m not sure when I ovulated as I wasn’t tracking it. I didn’t particularly notice ovulation pain this month but it could well have been there.

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Sun 23-Aug-20 14:22:02

PowPurry, so it can happen! 😱

I would be so so happy if I am pregnant. I would keep everything crossed just in case. DH will not be happy. At all.

PowPurry Mon 24-Aug-20 17:46:34

Any news OP?

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Tue 25-Aug-20 19:15:13

I did a test yesterday which was negative. Period is due tomorrow. I think I’m going to get my period as I presume the test can’t be wrong. I’m feeling disappointed about it to be honest. Still, I’ll hold on to the last bit of hope until I know for sure.

PowPurry Tue 25-Aug-20 21:14:53

Ah sorry that’s not what you wanted. Is there any chance you could persuade DH to try one last time?

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Tue 25-Aug-20 21:31:01

He would definitely say no. He had previously said that if I got pregnant again he wouldn’t want us to have the baby.

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Wed 26-Aug-20 20:31:12

My period started so definitely not pregnant sad

PowPurry Wed 26-Aug-20 21:00:24

Sorry @PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease

PollyPutTheKettleOnPlease Wed 26-Aug-20 22:22:14

Thank you. It’s probably for the best but I feel sad. It was probably my last chance.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in