Talk

Advanced search

Bump gone down

(9 Posts)
Annasarahlou Fri 21-Aug-20 14:03:02

Hi all
Silly thing to ask but from about 11 weeks to 12 weeks i had a bit of a shape in tummy, bloating it may have been but definaltey some shape struggled to fit in jeans, however i am 14 weeks today and it has gone down, quite a bit jeans fit no problem... i had a scan last sat I was 13 weeks then and all was fine, I am worrying a bit now! I have had round ligament pains this week and read online that when people do they seem to have a growth in the bump

Am i over thinking things? Did anyone else experience this? X

OP’s posts: |
Annasarahlou Fri 21-Aug-20 14:03:16

Thank you x

AnxiousLady1 Fri 21-Aug-20 14:14:49

@Annasarahlou In the first trimester most of what you see as "bump" is really just bloating. I think for many people a bump doesn't start to appear until midway through second trimester. You'll also find it looks bigger in the evening than in the morning. Something to do with muscles relaxing overnight. I wouldn't worry. I certainly had this. 29 weeks now. 👍

SnuggyBuggy Fri 21-Aug-20 14:16:59

Sounds like the bump was just a food baby from the bloating. Your real bump should appear later.

MinesALatte Fri 21-Aug-20 14:17:00

I’m 15 weeks and can confirm PP’s comment about it looking bigger in the evening! I’m like two different people from morning to night! I think bloating has a lot to answer for as PP said

Annasarahlou Fri 21-Aug-20 14:37:34

Thanks ladies, ill try not to stress about it to much

easterbuns1 Fri 21-Aug-20 14:39:44

As other posters have said that early "bump" is pretty much all blot as baby is so small it's not going to give a real bump, although with subsequent pregnancies it's quite usual to start showing properly earlier each time.

Footlooseandfancy Fri 21-Aug-20 14:45:54

With my first I looked bigger at 10 weeks than I did at 15 weeks - there's a time when the bloat subsides before the bump pops!

BuffaloMozzerella Fri 21-Aug-20 20:14:11

I wish my bloat would subside!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in