Talk

Advanced search

Shouldn't I be really hungry in the second trimester

(4 Posts)
AlwaysBelieve19 Tue 18-Aug-20 18:40:48

Hey ladies I'm 19 weeks and everyone says by this time you feel so hungry all the time but I don't feel this way I'm losing weight Abit Bec I was still a bit sick vomiting and not wanting to eat is this normal ?

OP’s posts: |
Freckleyou20 Tue 18-Aug-20 19:03:42

Maybe something to speak to midwife about in case an underlying problem but I was like this from start to finish with my first pregnancy and midwife said there was no problems just hormones everywhere making me not want to eat. I FELT AWFULsad. But if you're anything like I was. You will cherish your first meal when you feel better like it's bloody gold lol

xxxemzyxxx Tue 18-Aug-20 20:10:21

I found I wasn’t really hungry through 2nd trimester (I stopped feeling sick at 15 weeks), but I ate normally.

It hasn’t been until the last 2-3 weeks I’ve felt particularly hungry (and even then that’s not every day) and im 33 weeks now.

Everyone is different - as pp said, like her some women feel sick the whole way through therefore don’t want to eat, and some don’t feel sick at all and just get very hungry (my friend was at this end of things). I think as long as you are getting your main meals in there isn’t much to worry about. If you’re not, it would be worth discussing with your midwife.

Sairafina Tue 18-Aug-20 20:13:42

I had a normal appetite up until 22 weeks at which point I ate as much as an active teenage boy!!
I'm 29 weeks now and finally the relentless hunger has subsided 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in