Talk

Advanced search

Clothes size after c section

(6 Posts)
duckling3 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:29:58

All going to plan I'm having a c section in October. I'm trying to make sure i have everything I need to take to hospital for afterwards, and I'm not really clear about what clothes to take.

I was thinking of picking up some inexpensive pjs/lounge clothes and assume I will need to size up from my normal size, but from experience.. how many sizes up do people go for, or is it still maternity clothes in regular size for the first few days.

I'm finding quite hard to prepare because I dont really know what to expect.

OP’s posts: |
user1493413286 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:32:23

I wore my maternity clothes until my tummy went down; after a section you don’t want anything pressing on your scar so maternity leggings and jeans are perfect for that. Once your tummy has gone down you can work out where you go from there in terms of sizing.

tinyrobot2 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:38:14

I also wore maternity clothes, and had a couple of cheap high waisted pyjamas from primark, 2 sizes bigger than I usually wore. The same for high waisted knickers. I think I was back into my normal clothes after 2/3weeks, avoiding anything that would press in the scar

FoxtrotSkarloey Tue 18-Aug-20 17:41:43

I bought some one size up truly ginormous knickers and apart from them, stayed in my maternity clothes or loose dresses.

Wishing56 Tue 18-Aug-20 17:59:45

I just went one size up. I am normally a medium and got a large which were plenty big enough. I had a couple of loungewear sets from Primark which i wore in hospital and to come home in.
Big knickers I went up a size again and got the stretchy full brief ones (again Primark) so could pull over my scar. I did have some cotton full briefs but they didnt have enough give in the material when pulling them up.

mistletoeprickles Tue 18-Aug-20 18:06:44

A tip, stick a panty liner (non scented) inside the waist band of your knickers. Its stops any rubbing on your scar.
I went home in maternity leggings and just wore my pregnancy PJ bottoms around the house

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in