Talk

Advanced search

When to tell everyone

(6 Posts)
Higgeldypiggeldy35 Tue 18-Aug-20 15:26:12

I've had my 12 week scan and everything was ok but I'm not getting the blood test results for 10 days. I don't know when to tell my friends. Do I wait until after my results or not? What did you all do? I probably am high risk for downs due to my age. I'm 37.

OP’s posts: |
Sash887 Tue 18-Aug-20 16:17:17

Hi, I've only told my mum and one close friend this far think I was 15 weeks. I'm 17 weeks now. Its totally when you feel ready. I have very personal reasons to why I've not told many people and truth be told I don't really want anyone to know. I want to enjoy our secret for the time being ...even though I'm getting rather big. X

bee222 Tue 18-Aug-20 16:18:28

No real advice but just wanted to say that being older does not immediately put you at high risk of downs. Age is only one of the many different factors they take into consideration when looking at your risk - so please don’t panic!
Just to give you an idea. At age 39 I was low risk with 1 in 12262 chance of Downs and 1 in 100000 for Edwards or Pataus.

Onekidnoclue Tue 18-Aug-20 16:23:15

I waited until after the blood test.
I have different views on whether or not to go ahead with a pregnancy that has chromosomal abnormalities than my in laws. If there was an issue I would not have proceeded and it’s not a discussion I would have been ok with my catholic MIL.

Pol96 Tue 18-Aug-20 16:27:33

I waited for blood test results but they came very quick and were low risk. Hope all goes well!

Higgeldypiggeldy35 Tue 18-Aug-20 19:10:09

Thanks everyone. I think we will wait. Problem is I'm huge already. I look 6 months pregnant and I've been avoiding everyone to keep the secret. I have an aunt with downs so I think that might increase my risk a bit. I hate the waiting it makes me so anxious!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in