Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm imagining this, aren't I?

(21 Posts)
BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 20:34:26

I'm about 11ish weeks pregnant (second pregnancy) (not entirely sure of the dates, but about 11ish we reckon) and I have just for the second time today felt that very distinctive fluttery butterfly bubbly feeling in my bump.

It's not even a fetus yet, right? It can not possibly be moving.

BOOquets Wed 03-Oct-07 20:57:01

Probably. I've had that occasionally since having kids, it's given me a hell of start each time but was just gas. I had an 11wk scan once and it was definitely not big enough to kick. But perhaps you are much more than 11wks without knowing? Remember that immaculate conception thread the other month?

MorticiasMother Wed 03-Oct-07 20:57:50

Wind?

Lulumama Wed 03-Oct-07 20:58:59

erm, it has been known

can depend on the position of the placenta, how baby is kicking, and moving and other factors

it is a foetus, it is virtually fully formed, by 12 weeks, and after that first trimester, the baby basically grows and puts weight on , but it is a fully formed baby shaped baby!

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 21:01:50

Wind. Maybe. Or things moving around generally down there as we prepare for Operation Beached Whale.

It's a very specific and distinctive feeling though.

I missed the immaculate conception thread - will search.

How early do people say you can feel number 2?

BOOquets Wed 03-Oct-07 21:03:23

Are you very slim? If so there would be less room for baby to hide and it would be closer to nerve endings I guess.

suwoo Wed 03-Oct-07 21:03:53

I felt DS around then definately. No mistaking it with no 2.

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 21:04:34

Interesting Lulu, thank you. So if my dates are a week or so out, little sprout is a foetus already?! Exciting grin!

chankins Wed 03-Oct-07 21:06:46

I felt dd2 around 13 weeks, and dd1 at 12 weeks, for definite. You do feel it earlier with each one. I was amazed with dd1 as it was a proper little kick. Midwife just smiled and said yes thats perfectly normal. Congratulations by the way!

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 21:07:59

Booquets... ahem, no, no, not particularly slim. No. wink

Funnily enough, was very slim when pregnant for the first time and didn't feel the baby kick for AGES. Apparently my stomach muscles were well developed so there was a thick wall stopping me feel anything. No such problem this time round! (Stomach muscles! Remember them?!)

MorticiasMother Wed 03-Oct-07 21:09:52

Actually I've had very convincing "movements" since my pregnancies that were so like a baby they shocked me! But I'm not preggers, just prone to a bit of wind!

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 21:10:20

Thank you chankins.

Well, if a couple of you have felt something this early, then perhaps I am too.

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Oct-07 21:11:43

Lol M'sM. I suppose everything has to settle back in to place. And you do get used to noticing movements when pg.

Troutpout Wed 03-Oct-07 21:16:03

i felt ds at 15 weeks and dd at 11 weeks

smile how lovely for you

PregnantGrrrl Thu 04-Oct-07 07:16:19

i could feel definate movement / twinges at this stage with this pregnancy- it was really bizarre, and def not wind!

spugs Thu 04-Oct-07 10:51:07

i was told the earliest was 14 weeks though 12 was possible with twins grin im 15 weeks and have lots of nudges and squirms going on but unfortunatly i think its just a lot of wind. cant wait for it to start moving

goingfor3 Thu 04-Oct-07 10:52:22

I flet my last baby at 11 weeks.

Bessie123 Thu 04-Oct-07 10:53:07

I felt mine at 14 weeks, although it was more like butterflies than the kicks I'm feeling now at 21 weeks. The midwife said it couldn't possibly be the baby and i must be imagining it, but I'm sure I could tell when it was moving. So you could be feeling it.

NotAnOtter Thu 04-Oct-07 10:53:10

i have felt babies as that time!!

claireybee Thu 04-Oct-07 15:21:42

At my 12 week scan (2nd pregnancy)I told the sonographer I thought I had felt it already and she asked me where i thought the baby was and I was exactly right. She thought it was possible to feel movement at that point, although obviously not proper kicks.

NoMoreHighHeels Thu 04-Oct-07 15:39:26

I felt that fluttery feeling at about the same time as you Broccoli - thought I was mad too! They only lasted a second or 2 and I had to be still to feel them.They were always in the same place on the same side. Now 14 weeks and the flutterings are more squirms!

Makes it all seem more real! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now